Manor House, period reality TV show

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
We are 3 episodes into this show.

I admit I'm a junkie for these types of reality shows. Screw that island stuff, give me people in period clothing, using period materials, living a period lifestyle. It's easy for me as I sit in quiet luxury and watch people struggle with outdated methods.

Manor house has an additional twist in that there are 5 people that get all the pampering, while the other dozen or so people slave 16 plus hours a day to make their masters happy.

I'd love to see behind the scenes how these people are selected. It seems so far each different show has major drama. 1 girl quit after 2 days but you could see that was going to happen.

The chef is making these gourmet meals in a kitchen that doesn't even have a refrigerator. He's plucking birds, skinning deer. Plus it's all served french style on great big platters. While the help has to eat in silence.

In several of these shows, 1 of the decision makers decides to relax the rules from the standards of the day. 1 other show allowed a couple to skip church service, something that was unheard of in the period.

Watching the pampered family is also a bit of staring at human psychology through a microscope. These 21st century people are expected to ignore most of the staff. It seems that they delight in their roles of being the upper crust but also at the same time have a huge amount of guilt at the hardships of the staff.

I'm looking forward to the rest of this series.