Wait, bacon is "mansplaining"?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
"No, bacon does not make everything better," the Post wrote on Thursday. "I’m sorry, but everything is not better with bacon," wrote Tim Carman, the paper's food writer.

Carman takes aim at a Washington, D.C., institution -- the amazing grilled cheese sandwich at Stoney's, which include tomato, onions -- and bacon.

"t’s no secret that Stoney’s super grilled cheese sandwich is a thing of beauty, starting with its fat slices of rustic white bread, as crackly as an FM station on the western plains of Nebraska. The kitchen knows to lay the cheese on thick, too, so that the neon orange slices of American provide a gooey contrast to the bread, to the sting of the red onions and to the hint of acid hiding in the tomatoes.

The sandwich’s lone misstep? Its bacon, the party crasher of ingredients, the one that shows up and trashes the place. As it does with almost everything it touches, the bacon treats the rest of the grilled cheese sandwich as a captive audience, there only to listen to it mansplain the superiority of smoky strips of cured pork belly.

Wait, bacon is "mansplaining"?

But back to the bacon hater.

... [J] ust as every activity in life isn’t improved by sex, every dish from the kitchen is not improved with bacon. The Internet, of course, will tell you otherwise.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/28876/washington-post-crosses-line-no-bacon-does-not-joseph-curl

:shocking:

glhs837

Power with Control
Can we agree, as a people, that contrarians should be rounded up and sent to camps? And I dont mean Camp Featherlake either........

Hijinx

Can we agree, as a people, that contrarians should be rounded up and sent to camps? And I dont mean Camp Featherlake either........

Pretty sure if he ordered the grilled cheese sandwich without bacon he could get it that way.
As for me, leave off the onion.

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
Prett sure if he ordered the grilled cheese sandwich without bacon he could get it that way.
As for me, leave of the onion.

True, onion on a grilled cheese is an abomination right up there with fruit in beer.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I remember that crap from HS in the 70s.

It it still exists?

:shrug:

I only remember it for being one of the cheapest beers for sale @ Sunnybrooks $ 5 bucks a case :dead:
that and Meisterbrau

I managed a Pizza Hut Delivery Store in the early 90's and it was a cheap favorite with the 18 / 19 yr old drivers

I was drinking MGD, or Molsen Ice or Red Dog or Coors Arctic Ice ....

stgislander

PREMO Member
I have proofs that it is possible to improve on perfection.

Calvin Corona.jpeg