Organic Food Movement is BS

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Is Organic Food Worth the Cost?

Are organic foods really healthier than non-organic foods? Are they better for animals? Are they better for the environment? Bjorn Lomborg, president of the Copenhagen Consensus Center, explains.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
If someone is moronic enough to pay nine dollars for an avocado, and $11 for 6 ounce turkey cutlet… I say congratulations to the company and grocery store that took advantage of their stupidity.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think most of us understood that the "organic" movement was bull####. Just another food fad designed to get you to part with your money.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Anti GMO / Pesticide Hippie Movement

Those people are psychos looking for a cause - any cause - so they can feel important and part of a group. My favorite response to a ranting GMO-hater is, "So you support children in third world countries dying like flies, then?"

They don't know #### about it, they just want a bandwagon to jump on.

Bonehead

I am after ingesting less chemicals and organics or my own garden do that. If that is psycho then so be it.

Starman

Organic is rarely worth the cost if you're purchasing from grocery stores. However, buying from the hand of local farmers is almost always cheaper than grocery stores. Sometimes they are organic, sometimes not.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I am after ingesting less chemicals and organics or my own garden do that. If that is psycho then so be it.

I don't think anyone's psycho about that… just foolish.

It's the marketing hype convincing morons to pay $3.79 a pound for summer squash, or $2.89 a pound for bananas.

I'm not against it, people can do whatever they want with their money.

If you're growing stuff in your own garden. :yay:

limblips

PREMO Member
Organic foods are the biological equivalent of global climate change, a money maker for the snake oil salesmen.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I generally get organic fruits and veggies and chickens when I can, that's all Stauffer's sells.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ..

While there is some merit to organically grown foods, absent chemical use etc., it should cost no more that say 10-15% more than regular. Want to see something scary?

Salmon.jpg

This is some unnatural sh*t going on here. While fat may be good for steaks, it is not good in salmon. Nothing natural about these fish. Nothing in their feed is natural to them at all. In this case, "organic" would be the wild caught salmon. These salmon are loaded with toxins such as dioxin and PCBs, (found to be eight times higher than in wild) and are unnaturally higher in Omega-6 fatty acids (bad stuff!!) and 3x the amount of saturated fat. Farmed raise salmon are truly Frankenfish. If you are crazy enough to fall for the BS marketing and eat them .... beware.