Sen. Waugh Pushes Bill to Put Armed Officer in Every School

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
This just in from the somd.com Headline News:

Title: Sen. Waugh Pushes Bill to Put Armed Officer in Every School

Date: 04-01-2018 12:40 PM

Summary: Determined to pass meaningful legislation in the wake of the Parkland and Great Mills high school shootings, Maryland lawmakers are considering a measure to put an armed school resource officer in every public school. The bill comes as part of a four-bill package being rushed through the General Assembly as session nears end.

Click here for the full story...

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

If only the sheriffs would make it a rotational 30 duty requirement at each school high school for each deputy thereby all deputies becoming familiar with each school. No permanent SROs. Plus, it won't breed complacency.

Hijinx

If I may ...

If only the sheriffs would make it a rotational 30 duty requirement at each school high school for each deputy thereby all deputies becoming familiar with each school. No permanent SROs. Plus, it won't breed complacency.

I think th elementary school kids are pretty safe.

awpitt

Main Streeter
If I may ...

In St. Mary's, they already rotate the SROs. It's not 30 days though. I think it's rotated each school year.

Hijinx

I didn't have any in the 3 schools I grew up going to. Why do we need them now?

Because we were raised to respect life.Many of us went to Church. Some of us had Mothers who stayed at home.
We said sir and maam. Our parents didn't go to school and rant at the teachers when we got a F,and they beat our ass when we didn't behave.