DNC Vice Chairwoman - Repeal the 2nd Amendment

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/TeamKCP/status/978636439620644866[/TWITTER]

The Left has insisted that although they'd like to severely regulate the sale and use of guns in this country, they have no designs on repealing the Second Amendment, which, according to recent Supreme Court decisions, guarantees an individual right to keep and bear arms.

That, in fact, may be changing. A Vice Chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee tweeted over the weekend her support for repealing the Second Amendment, linking to a piece written by former Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens explaining how the time had come to eliminate the Constitutional right to self-protection once and for all.

Senator Karen Carter Peterson heads up efforts to promote "civic engagement and voter participation" for the DNC.

Peterson is just the latest in a line of leftists suggesting that repealing the Second Amendment may be the only option in achieving true gun control. Last week, the response to Stevens's article was an outpouring of support for the idea, rather than concern that a single event, where government forces failed to enforce the laws in place, would motivate the complete denigration of the Bill of Rights.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/28955/dnc-vice-chair-suggests-its-time-democrats-push-emily-zanotti

SamSpade

For the history buffs around here - if you were going to fight a war in the 18th century, did you go to battle armed with a bow or a crossbow?
What was the likelihood that a gun you owned was similar to that of the invading army?

I can't get the argument that says "but they were firing muskets!". Yep. So were the invaders.
Making sure the civilians were armed didn't mean, you can't have anything REALLY lethal.
Slingshots, maybe. Or a spear. But you know, can't just assemble a group of civilians armed with what the
bad guys have.

No, that was the point. Civilians had cannons, and ships with cannons. That's how we first fought them.
The POINT of the Second Amendment is for the people to be armed. Sure, a musket isn't a match for an AR-15
but it IS a match for whatever came against the colonists. The Second Amendment wasn't created to
protect hobbyists.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
The farther the left moves left, the less representatives they will have and that’s a good thing........just sayin’

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The farther the left moves left, the less representatives they will have and that’s a good thing........just sayin’

I don't know if that's true. The media is powerful. A steady diet of brainwashing rhetoric is powerful. We've seen how the Left changes direction on a whim, based on the talking points they're fed and told to regurgitate.

Now they are all uber capitalists defending predatory business practices...because that's what they're being told to say. Did you ever think you'd see them doing that? But they are being told to #resist and they don't even know what they're resisting anymore.

Hijinx

I agree. This may be the Republicans only way to win in 2018.
If they revoke or repeal the 2nd. Amendment , they will have started a war in this country.
Perhaps not a total war, but a war where when they come to take those gins they will have to fight.
People who speak of revoking the 2nd. Amendment better be ready for the consequences.

black dog

Free America
I agree. This may be the Republicans only way to win in 2018.
If they revoke or repeal the 2nd. Amendment , they will have started a war in this country.
Perhaps not a total war, but a war where when they come to take those gins they will have to fight.
People who speak of revoking the 2nd. Amendment better be ready for the consequences.

They just keep making it easier for another good Republican run, The funniest, part about those who want to disarm Americans they don't have any arms themselves.
Who do they think will do there dirty work??

Hijinx

They just keep making it easier for another good Republican run, The funniest, part about those who want to disarm Americans they don't have any arms themselves.
Who do they think will do there dirty work??

Well If Obama was President I would say he would try to get the UN to do his dirty work.
Be a lot of Blue Berets being picked up after the battle.

I read the other day that 60% of Australians never turned in their guns, and that those who did are getting rearmed.
The Australians are smarter than to go try to collect them, They will just wait until a gun owner shoots a criminal in their home and turn the criminal loose and try to hang the Homeowner.
I suspect the same thing will happen here.

black dog

Free America
Well If Obama was President I would say he would try to get the UN to do his dirty work.
Be a lot of Blue Berets being picked up after the battle.

I read the other day that 60% of Australians never turned in their guns, and that those who did are getting rearmed.
The Australians are smarter than to go try to collect them, They will just wait until a gun owner shoots a criminal in their home and turn the criminal loose and try to hang the Homeowner.
I suspect the same thing will happen here.

It will never happen, There's just to many Marines in the civilian world.

10421296_349343318579928_6976544251062372708_.jpg

Hijinx

It will never happen, There's just to many Marines in the civilian world.

View attachment 122180

They won't get us all at once they will strike out at us one by one.
Such as the DNR out there checking hunting licenses and you have an unregistered gun.
Remember, when guns are outlawed, every gun owner will become an outlaw.