Ellison Repeatedly Dodges Questions

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The following is the exchange between the Democratic National Committee vice chairman and Kornacki (there was significant crosstalk at times, so the transcript had to be edited for clarity):

KORNACKI: Talking about those every day folks out there you're trying to win over. The Republican message, certainly from Donald Trump, is – gonna run on the tax cut, gonna run on the Republicans voting at the end of last year, Trump signing a tax cut. Your criticism of it as Democrats was you said, "Wow, the rich are getting way too much here." But the fact is, working people, they did get something. So let me just ask you this: is the Democratic message to those working folks that you can keep the tax cut that you got from Donald Trump? Or is the message: repeal the tax cut?

ELLISON: I think the message for the richest folks who got the tax cut, the big companies, needs to be repeal 'em. I mean, I have no idea why [the] corporate tax rate needs to drop from 35% to 20%; why we need to essentially cut the estates tax, which only the richest people benefit from. I mean, look, folks know that they have been limping along for forty years. What they want to know is, how are we going to live the American dream, which is, how are we gonna create a society where our kids can expect to do better than us? Nothing about these tax cuts indicates that. In fact, the working folks tax cuts, to the degree that they exist at all, are temporary, and the big companies’ tax cuts are permanent. So we're going to be arguing about how we can do better; how you can look forward to a better life. That's what we're talking about.

KORNACKI: I want to get a direct answer. They're temporary, but they do go for a number of years here. So, is the message to those working folks – and I'm not talking the corporations here; I'm not talking the one percent – I'm talking the working folks, the folks who have it in their paycheck for instance. Is the message that if Democrats get control of the House that, "Hey, we don't think it was enough; we think it was too small, but you can keep the tax cut you got"? Or is the message, "that tax cut's going away"?

ELLISON: Look, the problematic tax cuts are the one that blow a massive hole in our budget next year. Those are the problems. You know, the problem is not that working people get a few bucks here and there – they need a future, not some small money so that Trump can [give] buckets of money to the richest people in the country. People are smart; they know that they're being played.

WATCH: Rep. Keith Ellison Repeatedly Dodges Questions About Dems Raising Taxes On The Middle Class If They Win Big In November

Ellison must be a poster on this Forum

BOP

No, he did answer the question, people just have to know what they're looking at (or hearing). ELLISON: "Look, the problematic tax cuts are the one that blow a massive hole in our budget next year. Those are the problems."

The problem is that politicians, especially leftists, think that the money we make belongs to them (they generously let us keep a pittance after taxes) to spend spend spend. With a tax cut, they don't have x-amount of money in hand to spend spend spend, and now they're pissed.

The only way they believe they can get the sheeple to roger up to going back to pre-tax cut levels of take-home is to blame blame blame the rich.

Fortunately, even the densest of dimocrats aren't buying it. In fact, I think it's safe to say that the only ones who are buying it are the hard-core, Trump- and conservative-hating leftists, who apprarently live off the government teat (as do the politicians) and don't work anyway.

littlelady

God bless the USA
No, he did answer the question, people just have to know what they're looking at (or hearing). ELLISON: "Look, the problematic tax cuts are the one that blow a massive hole in our budget next year. Those are the problems."

The problem is that politicians, especially leftists, think that the money we make belongs to them (they generously let us keep a pittance after taxes) to spend spend spend. With a tax cut, they don't have x-amount of money in hand to spend spend spend, and now they're pissed.

The only way they believe they can get the sheeple to roger up to going back to pre-tax cut levels of take-home is to blame blame blame the rich.

Fortunately, even the densest of dimocrats aren't buying it. In fact, I think it's safe to say that the only ones who are buying it are the hard-core, Trump- and conservative-hating leftists, who apprarently live off the government teat (as do the politicians) and don't work anyway.

I am angry, too. Great post, sha.