Why are Trump supporters afraid of video games?

N7Spectre

What is the mindset behind that? Why can't the older generation just give up and admit video games are too ingrained into mainstream culture to be eliminated? Aren't these people pro military? Why aren't they supporting games that give us military characters worth rooting for?
967363-alicia_melchiott_1.jpg
RHPC_Stocke.jpg
39-1-1386248546.png

Last edited:

BOP

Me too, Danny. I'm 61 and still playing. I lean toward RPGs, always have, ever since someone gave me a copy of Ultima 7 back in 1990-something.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Never had anything against Video Games.

I've spent many an hour playing Return to Castle Wolfenstein running level to level shooting Democrats! :yay:

Loads of fun.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Me too, Danny. I'm 61 and still playing. I lean toward RPGs, always have, ever since someone gave me a copy of Ultima 7 back in 1990-something.

I've been playing video games since Carter was President ....

glhs837

Power with Control
This is funny. Been playing since Pong, just got into Fortnite with my son, not sure why he has this notion.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
This is funny. Been playing since Pong, just got into Fortnite with my son, not sure why he has this notion.

what do you think of Fortnite ?

it is ok ... I prefer PUBG [over 500 hrs played]
I just got Islands of Nyne but I have not gotten on a server yet - but there is a 'training room' so that already is an improvement over PUBG

PsyOps

Pixelated
I don't know what being a Trump supporter has to do with it, but I happen to think they're a complete waste of my time and money.

glhs837

Power with Control
what do you think of Fortnite ?

it is ok ... I prefer PUBG [over 500 hrs played]
I just got Islands of Nyne but I have not gotten on a server yet - but there is a 'training room' so that already is an improvement over PUBG

I like it, not having gamed on PCs in forever, like since say Doom :) I'm just not going to develop my keyboard skills. and I like the casual format and short matches. And being able to play cross platform with my son on his gozo gaming PC is pretty cool.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I never saw the point in video games. Watching one of the grandson's playing one yesterday was mind numbing. :dead:

glhs837

Power with Control
I never saw the point in video games. Watching one of the grandson's playing one yesterday was mind numbing. :dead:

Depends, some games are fun to spectate and kibbitz, some not so much. :) Same point as watching a movie or reading a book for entertainment. Some games like the Uncharted series, it's really like playing an Indiana Jones adventure where you solve the puzzles and are the hero. Ones that require "grinding", or performing a lot of repetetive tasks to upgrade your characters attributes, those could be boring as hell to watch. Soemthing Like League of Legends, if you understand the game and the stratedgy, can be spectated with enjoyment. In fact, a game like that is a huge draw, with competetive teams forming leagues with billions of dollars on the line in tournaments.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Depends, some games are fun to spectate and kibbitz, some not so much. :) Same point as watching a movie or reading a book for entertainment. Some games like the Uncharted series, it's really like playing an Indiana Jones adventure where you solve the puzzles and are the hero. Ones that require "grinding", or performing a lot of repetetive tasks to upgrade your characters attributes, those could be boring as hell to watch. Soemthing Like League of Legends, if you understand the game and the stratedgy, can be spectated with enjoyment. In fact, a game like that is a huge draw, with competetive teams forming leagues with billions of dollars on the line in tournaments.

I don't even like board games.