ECON 101: Trump Succinctly Breaks Down Trade Tariff Debate

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Of course, the liberal media was enraged that Trump would explain something in such simple terms.

"President Donald Trump on Monday complained yet again about 'STUPID TRADE' with China, doing little to calm investors anxious about the escalating trade conflict between the two economic superpowers," CNBC wrote.

Oh, here was another headline off the CNBC site Monday morning. "Dow soars 250 points and Nasdaq pops 1.5%." So yeah, those anxious investors apparently didn't mind Trump's tweet too much.

China's tariff's are even worse than what Trump said. The communist country charges 25% tariffs on most imported cars, but since 2016 has added 10% on "super-luxury" vehicles priced $200,000. The U.S. tariffs are not yet in place, but China is threatening to retaliate and has already threatened to impose some tit-for-tat tariffs. Still, on Sunday Trump vowed he would remain friends with Chinese President Xi Jinping.

ECON 101: Trump Succinctly Breaks Down Trade Tariff Debate

:oldman: <---- How Many Can I Reel IN

transporter

Hi you Russian POS...

So...here is the second line of the propaganda article...the line you so conveniently forgot to include:

Discussion of trade tariffs can be a mind-numbing venture, and few — short of expert economists — know exactly what the whole mess means.

Instead you start with this line:

Of course, the liberal media was enraged that Trump would explain something in such simple terms.

So which is it comrade??? Is the trade deficit so complicated that only expert economists can understand it OR is it so mindless simplistic that a dunderhead like Trump (or maybe Gilligan) can understand it?

You can't have it both ways...it has to be one or the other. So which will it be comrade GURPS?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Whew! What a relief! I was so distraught from thinking I'd lost your affections I considered doing all sorts of terrible things to my cats.

But you do still love me.