Bye, Paulie boy!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ryan-wont-run-for-re-election-ap-reports.html

House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., announced Wednesday that he is not seeking re-election in November -- a move that comes as the GOP girds for a tough fight to keep control of the House.

Ryan told senior GOP members that he would retire in January after serving out his full term, his office said in a statement.

DRAIN THAT SWAMP!

I'd love to know what's really going on. The press is trying to paint it as Trump is just SOOOO repugnant that he's running off (extremely powerful) Republicans, and that is absurd. I'm guessing someone has something on Paulie Boy and that's why he's bailing.

Sapidus

This is bad news for Republicans.

The are abandoning a sinking ship like rats.

I think this now makes the highest number not seeking reelection.

They realize they threw their hat in the wrong ring with Trump and are trying to get out so they can return one day n the future without his stink all over them. Unfortunately its too late for most of them.

Do you think its a coincidence he announced this right after the raid on Cohen. He knows Trump and Co are either going to be impeached or face 2 years of being lame ducks when Dem's take back the house and possibly senate.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

They realize they threw their hat in the wrong ring with Trump and are trying to get out so they can return one day n the future without his stink all over them. Unfortunately its too late for most of them.
Do you think its a coincidence he announced this right after the raid on Cohen. He knows Trump and Co are either going to be impeached or face 2 years of being lame ducks when Dem's take back the house and possibly senate.

:bs:

what a fantasy land you live in

Sapidus

:bs:

what a fantasy land you live in

Mr. Ryan is by far the most prominent figure fleeing Congress in a long season of Republican retirements. More than three dozen House Republicans are leaving the chamber to retire or seek other offices, including a number who have voiced concern about the 2018 elections and intense dissatisfaction with the state of Washington under Mr. Trump. Several others have resigned in personal scandals.

The exodus has further endangered Republicans’ already tenuous hold on Congress, creating open seats in states like New Jersey and California that Republicans will struggle to hold. Republicans acknowledged on Wednesday morning that Mr. Ryan’s seat will be far more vulnerable without the speaker on the ballot.

and one more just announced

As if on cue, Representative Dennis Ross, Republican of Florida, announced his retirement an hour after Mr. Ryan.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/11/us/politics/paul-ryan-speaker.html

black dog

Free America

I think this now makes the highest number not seeking reelection.

LOL... Troll...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:lmao:

I have Tardo on Ignore but have seen what you all quoted.

Yes, I'm sure that's what it is: Trump is just so evil and heinous that the people who've been running that Party for decades can't stand to be part of it anymore. They can't wait another 3 years until he's out of office - they have to leave NOW.

:drama:

Oh, and they'll return to their position of extreme power. Some day.

:roflmao:

It's always amazing to me to not only see someone gobble up ridiculous propaganda and talking points, but then regurgitate it as well. :lmao:

Sapidus

:lmao:

I have Tardo on Ignore but have seen what you all quoted.

Yes, I'm sure that's what it is: Trump is just so evil and heinous that the people who've been running that Party for decades can't stand to be part of it anymore. They can't wait another 3 years until he's out of office - they have to leave NOW.

:drama:

Oh, and they'll return to their position of extreme power. Some day.

:roflmao:

It's always amazing to me to not only see someone gobble up ridiculous propaganda and talking points, but then regurgitate it as well. :lmao:

So what is your explanation as to why 3 dozen plus republicans would quit or not seek reelection while holding the majority?

Wouldn't they want to hold onto the majority?

At least attempt to run ?

No. These people all use private polling which is telling them Trump is toxic and a generic Dem will beat you badly and you will be tied to Trump forever. Better to retire now and hope to come back some day or get a speaking or advisory gig somewhere till then.

Do you people really have no idea how Washington works after all these years?

Let's see your explanation

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
So what is your explanation as to why 3 dozen plus republicans would quit or not seek reelection while holding the majority?

Because they've been pointedly ignoring the expressed will of those who elected them and don't want to face them again. And some have just quit in disgust; I wouldn't hang around wasting my time with a totally dysfunctional organization indefinitely either.

Sapidus

Because they've been pointedly ignoring the expressed will of those who elected them and don't want to face them again. And some have just quit in disgust; I wouldn't hang around wasting my time with a totally dysfunctional organization indefinitely either.

He has been doing that for 20 years.

Quit in disgust at the disfunction when they control the House , Senate and White house?

think man , think!

Larry Sabato

@LarrySabato
Speaker Ryan’s retirement will be interpreted as practically conceding that the GOP will lose the House. Probably will stimulate more R retirements. https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/984041857687617537
8:23 AM - Apr 11, 2018

Midnightrider

That’s a nice bit if fiction, but even you can’t believe that BS.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Quit in disgust at the disfunction when they control the House , Senate and White house?

Exactly. You wouldn't understand..you have no pride to begin with, and you've never accomplished anything on your own initiative.

Sapidus

Exactly. You wouldn't understand..you have no pride to begin with, and you've never accomplished anything on your own initiative.

So where is the disfunction if they control all branches of government genius?`

And all 43 of them just decide to grow some morals and quit in disgust.

You really believe that or are you just trying to gas light yourself and others into believing it.

It's sad at this point. Just admit you made a mistake. It's okay. We won't hold it against you for too long

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
So where is the dysfunction if they control all branches of government genius?`

YOU really haven't understood what has been going on in Washington Since Trumps Election ......
the GOP has never controlled all 3 branches of the Gov., that is a lie you and the rest of the Progressive Media tell America .....

more than a few Never Trumper's are in the GOP holding up progress add to that the Democrats with their 100% opposition to Trump ... yeah sure the GOP Controls the GOV.

you are so full of s h i t your eyes are brown

McConnell Gets Tougher on Dem Obstruction of Trump’s Nominees

Last edited:

Sapidus

YOU really haven't understood what has been going on in Washington Since Trumps Election ......
the GOP has never controlled all 3 branches of the Gov., that is a lie you and the rest of the Progressive Media tell America .....

more than a few Never Trumper's are in the GOP holding up progress add to that the Democrats with their 100% opposition to Trump ... yeah sure the GOP Controls the GOV.

you are so full of s h i t your eyes are brown

McConnell Gets Tougher on Dem Obstruction of Trump’s Nominees

God you are a sad pathetic little man to drag out those tired lies.

Do the Republicans have a majority in the house and Senate?

Chris0nllyn

Like him or not, Ryan is the epitome of the GOP in recent years.

More govt., more spending, less and less fiscal conservatism and $1 trillion+ deficits, more wars, and less freedom.

This_person

I agree with you. The GOP is not going to go forward as it has for the last few decades.

This is very bad for Republicans.

I suspect it will be very good for conservatives and conservatism, though.