Who writes The BayNet's headlines?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Federal agent pulls gun on driver in a fit of road rage

So who had the road rage? The federal agent or the driver? :banghead:

Anyhoo... :coffee:

SEVERN, Md. - On March 26, at approximately 11:00 p.m., officers responded to Severn Hills Way and Severn Hills Lane in Severn for a “road rage” incident.

The adult male victim advised that while driving in the area of Harmans Road near Dorsey Road he pulled over to allow for a tailgating vehicle to pass him. The operator of the tailgating vehicle stopped and exited his vehicle on foot to confront the victim.

The victim drove from the area but was followed again by the same suspect until stopping in the area of Severn Hills Lane. While stopped the suspect exited his vehicle again and this time confronted the victim with a handgun identifying himself as a federal agent. A verbal exchange occurred and the victim was able to leave the area without injury.

During the investigation the suspect was positively identified as William Dent, 57, a federal agent who works for the United States Air Force Office of Special Investigations.

Detectives obtained a warrant for Mr. Dent and notified his supervision. Upon being notified of the warrant, Mr. Dent responded to Western District police station where he surrendered himself without incident.

Mr. Dent was charged with the following:

Assault-1st degree
Assault-2nd degree
Reckless Endangerment
Stalking
Firearm Use in the Commission of a Violent Crime

http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/0418/federal-agent-pulls-gun-on-driver-in-a-fit-of-road-rage-.html

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
During the investigation the suspect was positively identified as William Dent, 57, a federal agent who works for the United States Air Force Office of Special Investigations.

Whoa.

MiddleGround

So who had the road rage? The federal agent or the driver? :banghead:

I'm sorry but, I don't see where there is a problem with the headline. It was very obvious that it was the agent who had the road rage. The very subject of that sentence is the agent :shrug:

On the other hand, SMNewsnet is horrible about their editing. I recently saw a headline like this: "La Plata arrested for indecent exposure to a minor." Really? The entire town was arrested?? (Was supposed to read LaPlata MAN arrested...)

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'm sorry but, I don't see where there is a problem with the headline. It was very obvious that it was the agent who had the road rage. The very subject of that sentence is the agent :shrug:

On the other hand, SMNewsnet is horrible about their editing. I recently saw a headline like this: "La Plata arrested for indecent exposure to a minor." Really? The entire town was arrested?? (Was supposed to read LaPlata MAN arrested...)

:tap: :coffee:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

That's the point. The headline implies the federal agent had the road rage but the article is written differently. :razz: :larry:

I saw that. :lol: And yes, neither proofreading nor clarity of writing are high priorities in their articles. :ohwell:

MiddleGround

That's the point. The headline implies the federal agent had the road rage but the article is written differently. :razz: :larry:

Huh??

The agent harassed the victim. The agent followed the victim. The agent got out, pulled his gun, and threatened the victim.

How does that NOT show that "a Federal agent pulls gun on driver in a fit of road rage?"

Not trying to be obtuse. Trying to see how the article misleads from the headline.

steppinthrax

Hmmmm.

From the looks of this he was released on his own w/o a bail amount. Also the article says he "self-surrendered". Looks like he got the royal treatment.

My best guess is his attorney will beat the felony off and best case scenario the whole thing will just "muddle" away in his favor.

case.jpg

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

I have to agree, the story and the headline both seem to be in sync to me.