Mom who let 4-year-old eat a PB&J in a shopping cart branded a monster by parenting forum

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
A mother on a New York parenting blog wrote Monday that while shopping at the store, she gave her four-year-old daughter a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and "a woman stopped me to lecture me about peanut allergies."

The child's mother then asked other moms on UrbanBaby if it was now unacceptable to eat peanut butter in public.

If your reaction is of course not, it's a free country, you are definitely siding with the minority.

The anti-peanut butter backlash was swift and brutal. Most responses attacked the mother for potentially endangering children with peanut allergies. Some criticized her for feeding her daughter in a shopping cart, which they considered disgusting.

[clip]

According to the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease about one in 90 people, or 1.1 percent, in the United States has a tree nut or peanut allergy. The Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network estimates the total at 0.6 percent.

Four times as many people are allergic to seafood as are allergic to peanuts, according to the Peanut Institute.

Mom who let 4-year-old eat a PB&J in a shopping cart branded a monster by parenting forum

MiddleGround

Let me get this straight. It is acceptable to challenge a mother feeding their child peanut butter in public but, it is not ok to challenge a 250lb woman for wearing yoga pants in public?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Let me get this straight. It is acceptable to challenge a mother feeding their child peanut butter in public but, it is not ok to challenge a 250lb woman for wearing yoga pants in public?

Or chastise a mother for breastfeeding in public.

gemma_rae

Four times as many people are allergic to seafood as are allergic to peanuts, according to the Peanut Institute.

They'd have had a myocardial infarction if they saw my kid eating a shrimp cocktail in the shopping cart at McKays.

black dog

Free America
Out here I bet 60% of our town spends all day in pajamas, shopping, library, restaurants, grocerys it's amazing how some folks dress in public, some act even worse. I'm not even going to mention their offspring.

MiddleGround

Out here I bet 60% of our town spends all day in pajamas, shopping, library, restaurants, grocerys it's amazing how some folks dress in public, some act even worse. I'm not even going to mention their offspring.

This just didn't seem to fit in here. :lmao: