Well duh!

transporter

Our politicians at work...living up to that high esteem in which we hold them!!

Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) is expressing alarm about new projections of the Republican tax law's effect on the national deficit, saying that if they prove true, he may have made a mistake supporting the bill.

The latest estimates from the Congressional Budget Office are similar to other estimates that were available to Corker both when he voted for the final version of the bill and when he voted against an earlier version because of its effect on the deficit.

“If it ends up costing what has been laid out here, it could well be one of the worst votes I’ve made,” Corker said at a hearing of the Senate Budget Committee on Wednesday, in comments first reported by The Hill's Niv Elis. He added in an interview with The Washington Post: “If this is accurate, obviously it’s a terrible vote.”

No sh!t Bob...any grade schooler could have explained the math to you...but NO you wanted to make sure you rewarded the Republican donor class...well you did...now the rest of us will get to pay for it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...new-report-is-correct/?utm_term=.fad576a249ef

SamSpade

From the man who usually makes the top 10 RINO's in Washington.

Am I supposed to respect the opinion of a man who voted FOR it, and now - without significant new information - is regretting it?

This is the new "I voted for it before I voted against it".

Chris0nllyn

Thisis what happens when you don't read legislation and you don't realize government projections are based on rosy, very unlikely, numbers.

CBO says the deficit will hit $1 trillion next year (3 years sooner than projected last year), they revised the deficit projection of an additional $300 billion ($804 billion total), and by 2028, project that the deficit will be over $1.5 trillion. $1.5 trillion.

CBO also says that between 2022 and 2025, deficits as a share of GDP will be 5.1% and "that percentage has been exceeded in only five years since 1946...four of those years followed the deep 2007-2009 recession." Even with healthy growth projections, and not in a recession, federal spending is projected to be over 24% of GDP by 2028. (Normally it's around 20%)

Debt as a whole will be $15.7 trillion by the end of 2018 and raise to $28.7 trillion in 10 years. Debt to GDP rration will hover around 100% by that time. Highest since WWII.

$1+ Trillion deficits are the new norm. Until we suffer a major financial meltdown, this trend will continue.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
A billion here, a billion there, pretty soon, you're talking real money.

SamSpade

$1+ Trillion deficits are the new norm. Until we suffer a major financial meltdown, this trend will continue.

The "new norm" began in Obama's administration.

Admittedly - when receipts are WAY down due to a recession, you WILL get deficits.
But once the recession was "over" - there really wasn't any excuse for continued high deficits in lieu of how they were under Bush.
We'd go from obscenely high deficits - like Obama's first year - to subsequent high deficits which were **PRAISED** in the left wing media
because while over a trillion, they were LESS than the previous year. Most of his presidency had trillion dollar deficits.

So - I have to say it's less than honest to bust on Trump for it now.

This_person

The "new norm" began in Obama's administration.

Admittedly - when receipts are WAY down due to a recession, you WILL get deficits.
But once the recession was "over" - there really wasn't any excuse for continued high deficits in lieu of how they were under Bush.
We'd go from obscenely high deficits - like Obama's first year - to subsequent high deficits which were **PRAISED** in the left wing media
because while over a trillion, they were LESS than the previous year. Most of his presidency had trillion dollar deficits.

Normally I agree with you. I have to say the "last guy did it first" defense doesn't hold for me here. Repair has to start with someone.

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/04/12/house-voting-today-balanced-budget-amendment/

Hijinx

Bob Corker needs to grow some BALLS.

He voted for it, at least wait until it dumps before trying to squeal "I made a mistake".

Too many Republicans are like Corker. No balls. No wonder the party is having a rough time.
With cowards like this in it.

Chris0nllyn

The "new norm" began in Bush's administration.

Fixed it for you.

Though, that doesn't change the fact that the party of fiscal conservatism continually ignores actual fiscal conservatism in exchange for more govt.

SamSpade

Fixed it for you.

Though, that doesn't change the fact that the party of fiscal conservatism continually ignores actual fiscal conservatism in exchange for more govt.

Bush had a really bad year - his last one. All of the previous years were deficits in the 300-450 billion range.
All but one of Obama's were worse than Bush's worst year (not counting the last).

Basically - deficits ballooned with the recession and Obama - and they've largely never returned.

https://www.thebalance.com/us-deficit-by-year-3306306

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Bush had a really bad year - his last one. All of the previous years were deficits in the 300-450 billion range.
All but one of Obama's were worse than Bush's worst year (not counting the last).

Basically - deficits ballooned with the recession and Obama - and they've largely never returned.

https://www.thebalance.com/us-deficit-by-year-3306306

Deficits are meaningless.

If we need more money we'll just print it. :yay:

Peepaw95

Thisis what happens when you don't read legislation

I really cannot disagree with you, HOWEVER, OBAMACARE is the benchmark by which all legislation that should have been read before passed should be compared to. It was/is the worst legislation passed in my lifetime, and I am 67 so I have been around a little while. And before all you libtards come on here telling me how many more people are now insured, I want you to tell me who is paying for that insurance. Because as we all know it is the middle class, which I am a member, footing the bill. And not only that but my insurance premiums and my deductible have also skyrocketed since this "Great Program" has been in place.

Chris0nllyn

I really cannot disagree with you, HOWEVER, OBAMACARE is the benchmark by which all legislation that should have been read before passed should be compared to. It was/is the worst legislation passed in my lifetime, and I am 67 so I have been around a little while. And before all you libtards come on here telling me how many more people are now insured, I want you to tell me who is paying for that insurance. Because as we all know it is the middle class, which I am a member, footing the bill. And not only that but my insurance premiums and my deductible have also skyrocketed since this "Great Program" has been in place.

That's very true. Obamacare and the Patriot Act are both equally the worst legislation passed in my lifetime (Though I'm not quite 67).