Looking for someone to build a garage

traxis

Hi,
I'm looking for someone to build a 4-6 bay garage in southern PG county.

Does anyone know of a contractor that might be interested at a reasonable price?

Hi,

Does anyone know of a contractor that might be interested at a reasonable price?
Do a search on pole barns... you will find several companies that will build you exactly what you want. Don't be thrown by the word 'barn'... you'll be pleasantly surprised.

limblips

Hi,

Does anyone know of a contractor that might be interested at a reasonable price?[/QUOTE

The Amish but you will have to stop by and see them. They never read the forums.

limblips

There was a thread on this back in 2012, here is a snip.

Go south to right on Rte. 236 (Thompson Corner Road (Budd's Creek)) About 2.5 to 3 miles on right is Ryceville road approx. 2 miles on left is a barn builder, sign on road (can't remember name). Nearby on right is Kurtz's furniture shop, stop by and ask them too. One of his sons or nephews is a builder. I think one of the Yoder's on N. Ryceville Rd. builds barns too.
There are others around the Loveville area, but I don't do much down that way except use Wenger's electric motor repair and hit a couple of the auctions. If you go to most any Amish business they can put you in touch with the builder dudes.

OldHillcrestGuy

Don't go to Alan's, bypass him and cut out the middle man, go to the Amish. Although a 4-6 bay garage might be kind of hard for them to deliver. Like Kwillia said pole barns seem to be popping up all over. My son had a company from up in Pa. build his. The rep came down got the info on what he wanted and came back with a price. I'll have to get the info on the company, the workers who came down to build it were Amish. Really didn't take long to get it up, they stayed a couple of nights at the Charlotte Hall Motel, they may have done this a couple of times. My sons barn is about a 30x30 with high ceilings, lots of storage. His barn was a lot cheaper then going with a contractor and building the conventional garage. You can choose many colors and match up your house colors to the barn.

traxis

Don't go to Alan's, bypass him and cut out the middle man, go to the Amish. Although a 4-6 bay garage might be kind of hard for them to deliver. Like Kwillia said pole barns seem to be popping up all over. My son had a company from up in Pa. build his. The rep came down got the info on what he wanted and came back with a price. I'll have to get the info on the company, the workers who came down to build it were Amish. Really didn't take long to get it up, they stayed a couple of nights at the Charlotte Hall Motel, they may have done this a couple of times. My sons barn is about a 30x30 with high ceilings, lots of storage. His barn was a lot cheaper then going with a contractor and building the conventional garage. You can choose many colors and match up your house colors to the barn.

Great - thanks!