Auction weekend at Bubby's

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Scored a big portable shop fan and 12 new 3600# certified caribiners so far...but tomorrow is when the good stuff comes up. :yay:

About cried when a mint looking 20HP Ingersoll air compressor w/ 200 gal tank went for $150....but I didn't need it. ;-p

black dog

Free America
Yea, that will make you ill. This building I bought is the first time I have had a shop with 3 phase. It opens up some different options if needed.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Yea, that will make you ill. This building I bought is the first time I have had a shop with 3 phase. It opens up some different options if needed.

I have 3 phase to run lathes, mills, etc but can't push more than 5hp.

black dog

Free America
I have 3 phase to run lathes, mills, etc but can't push more than 5hp.

Your running a roto-phase arn't you? Years ago I bought a Wilton 6" x 72" belt grinder that had a 2 hp 3 ph Baldor on it, so I bought a static phase converter. The peformance loss was more trouble than it was worth. Within a few months I went to LaPlata and bought a 3 hp single phase Baldor and turned that machine into a grinding beast.

black dog

Free America
Bubby Knots farm on Flat Iron Rd

flat-iron-farm-sign-460x347.jpg

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'm waiting to see what my guy brings home today. His son bought some heavy equipment yesterday.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Skunked for the most part. I did get the 60" John Deere mower deck that fits my 770 4x4 tractor...so that was a good thing. $150...they were $3500 from JD before they were discontinued. I use 'em up pretty fast mowing my salt marsh lawn here on the island..this will be deck #4 on a '96 tractor that only has 1100 hours on it.

Missed on a nice 25' Deep V center console T-top with twin 225s on a sweet trailer...I stopped at 3K..it went for $3100. It was down to just the two of us at the end but I could tell my opponent was far from done..

black dog

Free America
Skunked for the most part. I did get the 60" John Deere mower deck that fits my 770 4x4 tractor...so that was a good thing. $150...they were $3500 from JD before they were discontinued. I use 'em up pretty fast mowing my salt marsh lawn here on the island..this will be deck #4 on a '96 tractor that only has 1100 hours on it.

Missed on a nice 25' Deep V center console T-top with twin 225s on a sweet trailer...I stopped at 3K..it went for $3100. It was down to just the two of us at the end but I could tell my opponent was far from done..

That's a good deal for the deck, Morse talked me into getting the 60" when I bought my 790 from them. I shouldn't have listened and ordered the 72. He told me it didn't have enough HP.. And I should have bought the loader with the tractor instead of a few years later, I ordered it with all the hydraulics for it when I bought the tractor. But it cost me a few thousand more a few years later.
Oh and agg wheels and tires, they like your deck were discontinued when I went to buy tires and wheels because I ordered mine with the balloon turf tires. I eventually found a set in a big dealer south of Effingham.
Is your 770 4WD? And have you had to put new front wheel bearing in yours yet?

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That's a good deal for the deck, Morse talked me into getting the 60" when I bought my 790 from them. I shouldn't have listened and ordered the 72. He told me it didn't have enough HP.. And I should have bought the loader with the tractor instead of a few years later, I ordered it with all the hydraulics for it when I bought the tractor. But it cost me a few thousand more a few years later.
Oh and agg wheels and tires, they like your deck were discontinued when I went to buy tires and wheels because I ordered mine with the balloon turf tires. I eventually found a set in a big dealer south of Effingham.
Is your 770 4WD? And have you had to put new front wheel bearing in yours yet?

Mine is 4wd,yes. I bought mine special order with turf tires. I've replaced front tires and wheels...rear are still original but not long for this world.

black dog

Free America
Mine is 4wd,yes. I bought mine special order with turf tires. I've replaced front tires and wheels...rear are still original but not long for this world.

I've done fronts a few years go myself, they were so cracked up and would constantly need air. Mine is a 2000.. Ag tires were bad enough, I cant wait to but balloons.