Dem Gaslight: Fearsome Blue Wave or Flaccid Democrat Failure?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
First, the bad news. The liberals are angry and motivated and they are clearly going to vote. The big question is whether they are going to manifest in much higher than usual numbers in patriotic districts now held by Republicans instead of merely running up the score in places the like the shooting gallery districts of Chicago or the feces n’ syringe districts of San Francisco that already go 70% Democrat. So those hellholes double the number of voters and go 80% Democrat? Big whoop.

It’s the toss-up districts we need to worry about, ones where the elections are usually close and the demographics include a lot of fussy soccer moms who think Trump is icky and who might let that outweigh their tax cuts and fattened 401(k)s. A lot of those districts are repped by soft, lazy GOP incumbents who aren’t in fighting shape, and this cycle, the weak shall be culled from the herd.

Democrats are trying to be clever, suckering the saps by recruiting liberal vets and law enforcement where they can and playing these collaborators off as something other than the hard left goose-steppers the modern Democratic Party demands. That bait n’ switch strategy worked in 2006, when a bunch of alleged moderates got elected and promptly did everything Nancy Pelosi told them to. They no longer exist, the voters having wised up. The Democrats are hoping the voters forgot so they can run the same grift again.

But the Democratic Party changed in the last dozen years. There’s no room anymore for the kind of Democrat who caters to his district’s needs instead of heeding the commands of the gyno-beanie wearing #Resist weirdos. Democratic primary voters may well choose not to play ball and nominate the loonies – well, the ones who are openly loony instead of the ones who pretend to be sane but who will inevitably go loony left once they get to DC.

Showdown in November: Fearsome Blue Wave or Flaccid Democrat Failure?

I wasn't familiar with the 'gaslight' term, had to research it. I'd never heard it used in this context before, but it's apparently been around for a long time. It was used in an episode of McHale's Navy.

transporter

but they voted for Trump .... :shrug:

you think that has changed since this is not a Presidential Election Cycle ..... they will vote party

What part of the US electorate don't you and Vrai understand?

Party loyalists are party loyalists...Dems will vote Dem...Repubs will vote Repubs...none of the kool aid drinkers on either side change in any large numbers. What changes is the enthusiasm for candidates and who turns out (dems stayed home in 2017...R's appear likely to stay home in 2019..).

The other factor that puts one party over the top of the other are independents and unaffiliated voters.

This hasn't changed in decades and has only become more pronounced...

black dog

Free America
I wasn't familiar with the 'gaslight' term, had to research it. I'd never heard it used in this context before, but it's apparently been around for a long time. It was used in an episode of McHale's Navy.

I always thought it was something my brother would try to do when I gave him a Dutch Oven. :shrug:

Hijinx

Well: to be honest, I don't think we need to worry about Democrats showing up in large numbers as we need to think about Republicans showing up at all.

As a Republican, what am I showing up for? They haven't done a ####ing thing i voted for them to do.
Several of them have turned against my pick for President, and this last budget deal proved they aren't into fixing the deficit.
The democrats did nothing to solve DACA, but neither did the republicans.
We didn't get the wall we wanted.
Ryan is leaving with his tail between his legs and McConnell is staying with his tail between HIS legs.
Republicans no longer have a party, we have a group that's in it for themselves.

Neither party is worth a pint of sour owl piss.

This_person

IMHO, it's going to work like this - the media reports that the Dems are going to get a HUGE victory, they're going to take the House, the Senate, every state legislature, every local dog catcher, etc. When that doesn't happen, it will be PROOF, solid, undeniable PROOF that the Russians meddled in our elections just like they did in 2016 (sorry, Trans, that's when the election was, not 2017) and we'll finally be able to oust Trump because his election was CLEARLY illegitimate.

I think that's the thought process.