Democrat calls on Fox News to fire Sean Hannity: ‘His word can never again be trusted’

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
A Democratic lawmaker demanded Monday evening that Fox News Channel fire Sean Hannity for having Michael Cohen as a lawyer.

Rep. Gerry Connolly, Virginia Democrat, said on CNN that Mr. Hannity is untrustworthy because he did not disclose his ties to Mr. Cohen while commenting on or covering the Trump administration.

“I think he is so into this like a pig in the mud he can’t get out of it. And I think he deserves to be fired. His word can never again be trusted,” Mr. Connolly said, calling the revelation at a court hearing earlier Monday “a big stain on Hannity and Fox News.”

Not that Mr. Connolly thought Mr. Hannity all that trustworthy or unstained yesterday. He used the CNN interview to criticize Mr. Hannity’s journalism or commentary or a score of other fronts.

Democrat calls on Fox News to fire Sean Hannity: ‘His word can never again be trusted’

WTF :shrug:

This_person

If news agencies start firing commentators whose word cannot be trusted, a lot of prime-time slots will be open on every network.

Sapidus

If news agencies start firing commentators whose word cannot be trusted, a lot of prime-time slots will be open on every network.

Gimme a break.

If Rachel Maddow had tried to hide the fact that she shared a shady “lawyer” with Obama you would be marching with your pitch fork

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Gimme a break.

If Rachel Maddow had tried to hide the fact that she shared a shady “lawyer” with Obama you would be marching with your pitch fork

Actually we all assume things like that anyway. Doesn't make them relevant. I could give a #### less who Obama's lawyer was or who else was his client. It doesn't have anything to do with Obama is or what he does.

If you guys want to give yourself the vapors over this, rock on.

This_person

His "word" was never trusted in the first place, so there's that...

Nor should it have been. He's not a journalist, he's an opinion commentator. He's Chris Matthews, Rachel Maddow, Anderson Cooper, Lawrence O'Donnell, Bill O'Reilly, Van Jones, Laura Ingrham, Don Lemon, Chris Cuomo, Erin Burnett, etc., etc., etc. They're commenting, via their opinions, on the day's news.

Sapidus

Nor should it have been. He's not a journalist, he's an opinion commentator. He's Chris Matthews, Rachel Maddow, Anderson Cooper, Lawrence O'Donnell, Bill O'Reilly, Van Jones, Laura Ingrham, Don Lemon, Chris Cuomo, Erin Burnett, etc., etc., etc. They're commenting, via their opinions, on the day's news.

And you don’t think he influences the opinions of idiots?

And you don’t think it might be important for him to have said “BTW I know Cohen and have worked with him in the past.”Why try so hard to hide the connection if there is nothing there? It can’t be to protect his reputation , everyone knows he is a shill.

This_person

Gimme a break.

I really wouldn't care. The left and much of the media are so in bed with each other it's not even funny. I was amused by the hypocrisy when MSNBC called Maddow a "journalist", but they stopped doing that because she is not. She offers her poorly-informed, horribly biased, grossly inaccurate opinions. As such, I do not care who she is in bed with.

This_person

And you don’t think it might be important for him to have said “BTW I know Cohen and have worked with him in the past.”Why try so hard to hide the connection if there is nothing there? It can’t be to protect his reputation , everyone knows he is a shill.

He is a shill. He does influence the opinions of idiots. Just like Chris Matthews, Rachel Maddow, Anderson Cooper, Lawrence O'Donnell, Bill O'Reilly, Van Jones, Laura Ingrham, Don Lemon, Chris Cuomo, Erin Burnett, etc., etc., etc.

Sapidus

I really wouldn't care. The left and much of the media are so in bed with each other it's not even funny. I was amused by the hypocrisy when MSNBC called Maddow a "journalist", but they stopped doing that because she is not. She offers her poorly-informed, horribly biased, grossly inaccurate opinions. As such, I do not care who she is in bed with.

So the left are biased but Hannity isn’t ?

You are a special kind of hypocrite

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
”Why try so hard to hide the connection if there is nothing there? It can’t be to protect his reputation , everyone knows he is a shill.

And how is not telling you something, that's none of anyones ####ing business, hiding anything?

black dog

Free America

I wonder what Gerry Connolly's thoughts are of the Clintons.... Considering the lies and those they have influenced over the decades.

This_person

So the left are biased but Hannity isn’t ?

You are a special kind of hypocrite

I've asked you this before, but, is English your first language? When did I say Hannity is a journalist? I know I've directly said he is NOT a journalist, but apparently that is the same to you as saying he is?

Perhaps you can enlighten me on how I was being hypocritical when I said Maddow and Hannity are, essentially, the same thing (opinion commenters).

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I've asked you this before, but, is English your first language? When did I say Hannity is a journalist? I know I've directly said he is NOT a journalist, but apparently that is the same to you as saying he is?

Perhaps you can enlighten me on how I was being hypocritical when I said Maddow and Hannity are, essentially, the same thing (opinion commenters).

Leftists do this #### all the time.

They make ridiculous assumptions and interject their own insane imaginings into a conversation just so they can argue against them.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
If he is actively commenting on Cohen he should disclose his relationship. It’s not that hard to understand.

Why? How is it any of your ####ing business?

If he talks about banking stories does he have to tell you what bank holds his money?

You're not owed that information.