Three Californias

This_person

180412165110-20180412-california-3-split-north-south-new-map-exlarge-169.jpg
CNN said:
Should the country's most populous state be split into three separate states? California voters might be able to make that decision this fall.

A local venture capitalist's proposal to break up California, "CAL 3," gained nearly double the necessary signatures to get it on the ballot in November, which will allow state voters to decide on the partition.
Tim Draper announced Thursday that his initiative had gotten more than 600,000 signatures from registered voters across all of the state's 58 counties, surpassing the 365,880 signatures required by state law.
"This is an unprecedented show of support on behalf of every corner of California to create three state governments that emphasize representation, responsiveness, reliability and regional identity," Draper said.

Link

Hijinx

Looks like a lot of Californians are getting sick of Jerry Brown, Pelosi and Waters.

This_person

The Democrat Party is NOT going to allow its electoral cash cow to split up.
This is true. Was even mentioned in the CNN article. Also, if this were to happen, it would mean four new senators in Washington.

Are you two suggesting that Democrats are more interested in their party than in what is best for the people of the state?

I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Are you two suggesting that Democrats are more interested in their party than in what is best for the people of the state?

I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you.

Yea. Just as are the Republicans. That's what our two major parties have turned into.

This_person

Yea. Just as are the Republicans. That's what our two major parties have turned into.

Well, we certainly could not point out the problems with one party without pointing out that, certainly the same problem MUST exist in the GOP! :cheers: