Kyle Busch
Ryan Blaney
Martin Truex Jr
Brad Keselowski

Last edited:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Being new at this, it appears to be a selection of about a dozen capable drivers. The rest are just window dressing and there to make it a bit more challenging.

So I guess my picks will be a collection of some of the drivers already picked. Prior to deciding to join I thought each week every driver had a chance to win. In reality they all do but some drivers have an extremely low possibility of finishing first. But it's still fun trying to pick the top 5.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Being new at this, it appears to be a selection of about a dozen capable drivers. The rest are just window dressing and there to make it a bit more challenging.

So I guess my picks will be a collection of some of the drivers already picked. Prior to deciding to join I thought each week every driver had a chance to win. In reality they all do but some drivers have an extremely low possibility of finishing first. But it's still fun trying to pick the top 5.

That's what makes picking Daytona and Talladega fun. Practically every driver has a chance to win (or at least get a top-5 finish) at those tracks.

homedepot20

Go ahead Homie call me a copycat.

NEXT YEAR , I think we need to come up with a NEW METHOD of WINNER selection so not EVERYONE has the SAME DRIVER week after week . Right now this forum is BORING because you have a good idea what is happening each week . Lets hear different ideas so everyone has output ! Mine is No one can make consecutive selection of a WINNER , TWO (2) races in a row

stgislander

PREMO Member
NEXT YEAR , I think we need to come up with a NEW METHOD of WINNER selection so not EVERYONE has the SAME DRIVER week after week . Right now this forum is BORING because you have a good idea what is happening each week . Lets hear different ideas so everyone has output ! Mine is No one can make consecutive selection of a WINNER , TWO (2) races in a row

How do the other Fantasy Leagues do it? Don't they have you pick one top tier, one middle tier, and one lower tier driver, and points are assigned based of where they are in the finishing order.

calvcopf

I like it!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member

Still pick 5 drivers but award points such as 8 pts for the winner in your picks then 4 pts for the 2nd place finish, 3 pts for 3rd, 2 pts for 4th and a single point for 5th. Why should picking the 5th place driver be as many points as picking the 2nd place driver?

homedepot20

How do the other Fantasy Leagues do it? Don't they have you pick one top tier, one middle tier, and one lower tier driver, and points are assigned based of where they are in the finishing order.

Sounds interesting ! Something we need to look into :buddies:

homedepot20

Still pick 5 drivers but award points such as 8 pts for the winner in your picks then 4 pts for the 2nd place finish, 3 pts for 3rd, 2 pts for 4th and a single point for 5th. Why should picking the 5th place driver be as many points as picking the 2nd place driver?

Clevalley threw this method out there a few times ! Would require more time than simple current method to ADD points , but interesting & challenging :buddies:

homedepot20

Being this a Saturday NIGHT race and I work evenings , I wouldn't be able to post during race and finalize point standing till after Midnite or on Sunday !

homedepot20

That's what makes picking Daytona and Talladega fun. Practically every driver has a chance to win (or at least get a top-5 finish) at those tracks.

Wild Card Race / demolition derby ! Anyone can WIN or place in TOP 5 . I can't recall anyone getting more than 1-2 points in those races ? That's why when we had the Danica BONUS , She always was in everyone mind to pick for the WIN

homedepot20

Standing AFTER Richmond

OldHillCrestGuy 35+2=37
Calvcopf 33+2=35
HomeDepot20 26+3=29
Stgislander 25+4=29
Monello 20+8=28