It's only a matter of time

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Power, man.

I belonged to a pro-Trump FB group until yesterday. It was fairly lame - a lot of memes and bogus viral crap - so I didn't really check it that often. Someone (not me) posted a fairly tame comment about Syria being a #### hole, and the admin informed everyone that he will NOT tolerate countries being called #### holes, and anyone who does it will be banned from the group.

:lol:

I informed him back that I would save him the trouble and let myself out of the censorship zone.

To recap:

It was okay for them to call Michelle Obama a bunch of nasty names and spread lies about Barack Obama (because the truth just isn't sobering enough?), but you may not call some third-world #### hole a #### hole.

Now, it's his group and he can certainly do whatever he wants with it. But I had to laugh at how he railed almost daily against censorship....and then wanted to censor the posters in his group. :lol:

It's also amusing how they use Facebook to spread the word...about how Facebook is censoring conservative opinion. "We should all quit FB and show ####erberg a thing or two!" Okay, pal....waiting....

MiddleGround

Power, man.

I belonged to a pro-Trump FB group until yesterday. It was fairly lame - a lot of memes and bogus viral crap - so I didn't really check it that often. Someone (not me) posted a fairly tame comment about Syria being a #### hole, and the admin informed everyone that he will NOT tolerate countries being called #### holes, and anyone who does it will be banned from the group.

I informed him back that I would save him the trouble and let myself out of the censorship zone.

To recap:

It was okay for them to call Michelle Obama a bunch of nasty names and spread lies about Barack Obama (because the truth just isn't sobering enough?), but you may not call some third-world #### hole a #### hole.

Now, it's his group and he can certainly do whatever he wants with it. But I had to laugh at how he railed almost daily against censorship....and then wanted to censor the posters in his group. :lol:

It's also amusing how they use Facebook to spread the word...about how Facebook is censoring conservative opinion. "We should all quit FB and show ####erberg a thing or two!" Okay, pal....waiting....

If irony could drip real water, I wouldn't have to worry about my garden all summer with this post :lmao:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

:twitch:

:lmao:

:roflmao:

Irony Right There ....

black dog

Free America
I've never had nor will I have a Facebook account..
Your forum is about the only place I post anymore, and the reason is, because you moderate very little and as a forum you are very very tolerant.
It's truly refreshing in today's heavy handed forum rules and censorship online.

And what makes me laugh is, some of the heaviest censorship that I have encountered happens on the more popular manly man 2nd amendment gun boards, and one of them is in Maryland.. Thank you.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Your forum is about the only place I post anymore, and the reason is, because you moderate very little and as a forum you are very very tolerant.
It's truly refreshing in today's heavy handed forum rules and censorship online.

Thank you. But my hate-club will surely inform you that I ban everyone who disagrees with me. And they will post it right here on this forum. :lol:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
He was a scary stalker. He used to write me weird letters - like hand written sent through the mail letters. :twitch:

lotion.jpg

:jameo:

MiddleGround

Thank you. But my hate-club will surely inform you that I ban everyone who disagrees with me. And they will post it right here on this forum. :lol:

Or you just ignore them because it is hard for you to hear criticism... or the truth if it doesn't suit you :shrug:

Chris0nllyn

Or you just ignore them because it is hard for you to hear criticism... or the truth if it doesn't suit you :shrug:

Vrai and I don't agree on everything (clearly), but I can say that she's never threatened to ban me for sharing a different view. That's commendable, IMO.

Grumpy

Power, man.

To recap:

Free Republic has evolved into that over the past 6,7 years.

black dog

Free America

That's the funny part.. I had arguments with you a few times, and I've never been put on a nappy for that.. :lmao:

This_person

That's the funny part.. I had arguments with you a few times, and I've never been put on a nappy for that.. :lmao:

At one point she told me to go #### myself. If people can't have heated arguments and still get along after, one of them isn't worthy of future conversation. She and I both are worthy, it would so seem. Oh, and she didn't ban me for whatever she hated me for at the moment, either. She's kind of unbiased that way.