RIP Barbara Bush

awpitt

Main Streeter
This is very sad. Mrs. Bush was such a lovely lady. The best. Her efforts for literacy were so important. God bless her and her family.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I commented about the former FLOTUS in the other thread vrai started about her. I wanted to add that in listening and reading comments from both sides of the aisle, today, that everyone has wonderful things to say about her. She deserves that. Yes, she was a great lady. I wish there were more like her. She will be truly missed.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They whitewashed her on Fox tonight. :lol: Made a brief mention of her calling Geraldine Ferraro a bitch but didn't bring up any of her saltier moments. She was, as we say back home, a rip.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I've seen this happen with couples who were so in love. Usually the surviving spouse passes within a year.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I lost my Dad and my first grandson within three months of each other. It was terrible. I can't imagine someone losing both parents within days of each other.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I lost my Dad and my first grandson within three months of each other. It was terrible. I can't imagine someone losing both parents within days of each other.

Condolences to you. That is an awful load to carry. We have all experienced death, and it is the ones left behind that suffer the most. Word has it that GHW is responding well to treatment, but I saw the look in his eyes in the pics taken at Barbara’s funeral. He wants to go with her. I understand that. Hub and, I have not been married for 73 years, but I can’t imagine life without him.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Condolences to you. That is an awful load to carry. We have all experienced death, and it is the ones left behind that suffer the most. Word has it that GHW is responding well to treatment, but I saw the look in his eyes in the pics taken at Barbara’s funeral. He wants to go with her. I understand that. Hub and, I have not been married for 73 years, but I can’t imagine life without him.

Thank you, very much.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
The reports are saying he was hospitalized yesterday for an infection that spread to his blood. That's Sepsis.

At his age, his health is so compromised and he's been under so much stress already that sepsis is easy to contract and also easy to take a turn for the worse suddenly. Poor guy. :bawl:

https://www.facebook.com/Fox32Chicago/videos/10156941728553797/

It has been said for over 200 years "Pneumonia is the old man's friend."