Democrats' Comey Dilemma

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
In an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos that aired Sunday, Comey asserted there was "certainly some evidence of obstruction of justice" by the president, but he also noted it "would depend and -- and I'm just a witness in this case, not the investigator or prosecutor. It would depend upon other things that reflected on his intent."

When asked in an interview with NPR whether his book tour would undermine his credibility in the Mueller probe of Russian election interference, Comey referred to his extensive testimony before Congress. "I don't know whether I'll have to testify later — but if I did, the advantage of my circumstances is my testimony is locked down," he said. "I wrote memos, I wrote written testimony, and so long as I continue to tell the truth and don't start making stuff up that's inconsistent with that testimony, I don't see an issue."

But longtime Clinton friend Lanny Davis doesn't seem to consider Comey as credible. Davis told Fox News: "He's now lying on all his television interviews ... where he says he was obligated to [announce the restarting of the Clinton email probe] because he promised Congress. I call that a lie."

He continued: "I respect Comey for standing up to Donald Trump, who asked for personal loyalty -- an offense against the Constitution, in my judgment. It's the only thing I respect about Comey. Everything else is a renegade narcissist, protecting his political rear end with the Republicans because he thought Clinton was going to be elected."

Democrats' Comey Dilemma

stgislander

PREMO Member
In an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos that aired Sunday, Comey asserted there was "certainly some evidence of obstruction of justice" by the president, but he also noted it "would depend and -- and I'm just a witness in this case, not the investigator or prosecutor. It would depend upon other things that reflected on his intent."

When asked in an interview with NPR whether his book tour would undermine his credibility in the Mueller probe of Russian election interference, Comey referred to his extensive testimony before Congress. "I don't know whether I'll have to testify later — but if I did, the advantage of my circumstances is my testimony is locked down," he said. "I wrote memos, I wrote written testimony, and so long as I continue to tell the truth and don't start making stuff up that's inconsistent with that testimony, I don't see an issue."

But longtime Clinton friend Lanny Davis doesn't seem to consider Comey as credible. Davis told Fox News: "He's now lying on all his television interviews ... where he says he was obligated to [announce the restarting of the Clinton email probe] because he promised Congress. I call that a lie."

He continued: "I respect Comey for standing up to Donald Trump, who asked for personal loyalty -- an offense against the Constitution, in my judgment. It's the only thing I respect about Comey. Everything else is a renegade narcissist, protecting his political rear end with the Republicans because he thought Clinton was going to be elected."

Democrats' Comey Dilemma

There's that word again... intent.