Let’s Apply The Sean Hannity Standard To ‘Objective’ Journalists With Hidden Political Ties

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
We all know Hannity isn’t an objective journalist. He himself acknowledges that. He’s an opinion host who is a staunch supporter of Trump and more recently, a vocal defender of Cohen. Yet, folks in the media are calling for his head because he wasn’t forthcoming about his relationship with Cohen.

Okay. If that’s the standard, why don’t we apply it to actual “objective” journalists?

CNN’s Jim Sciutto is the network’s chief national security correspondent who also serves as a fill-in anchor for Jake Tapper and Erin Burnett. He has quite the prominent role considering the fact that he’s a former Obama administration official. You can’t even find Obama’s name in Sciutto’s full bio on CNN’s website. Isn’t he obligated to tell his viewers that he had served in the previous presidency, which has its animus towards the current one?

Then there’s also the face of ABC News, George Stephanopoulos, who famously served as White House Communications Director for President Bill Clinton. But no one seems to think it’s a “conflict of interest” when he interviews people like Hillary Clinton or former FBI Director James Comey.

And we can’t forget all those reporters who were exposed aiding the Clinton campaign in John Podesta’s hacked emails during the 2016 election. Glenn Thrush, who at the time worked for Politico, sent Podesta drafts of Clinton puff pieces for him to approve and even referred to himself as a “hack.” And what happened to him? He got a better job at The New York Times. NYT reporter Mark Leibovich emailed Palmieri to ask permission about what portions of an interview with Hillary Clinton he could use. Was he ever suspended? No. CNBC’s John Harwood, who co-moderated a GOP primary debate, asked Podesta what sorts of questions he should ask Jeb Bush during an interview. Did anyone call for his firing? Of course not.

Let’s Apply The Sean Hannity Standard To ‘Objective’ Journalists With Hidden Political Ties

how many reporters were submitting stories to the DNC / Hillary Campaign for approval or asking for specific talking points when writing fluff articles

SamSpade

I think part of the kerfuffle is because people who don't watch Hannity are operating under the presumption that he is a plain old regular newscaster, reporting the news like say, David Muir n ABC or Lester Holt on NBC.
They don't see the equivalent for shows like, say, The View. They think it's like Meet the Press or Face the Nation.
Because they're talking out their ass (if they don't know) or being an ass (if they do).

Midnightrider

I think part of the kerfuffle is because people who don't watch Hannity are operating under the presumption that he is a plain old regular newscaster, reporting the news like say, David Muir n ABC or Lester Holt on NBC.
They don't see the equivalent for shows like, say, The View. They think it's like Meet the Press or Face the Nation.
Because they're talking out their ass (if they don't know) or being an ass (if they do).

The reality is that hannity dresses his show up as a news show like Face the Nation or Meet the press despite the fact that he claims he is not news. Then there is the part about him being on a cable news channel. And then there is the part where many of his viewers, including POTUS, appear to take his commentary as news. The conspiracies that he floats on his show routinely get repeated as if they are news.

This_person

The reality is that hannity dresses his show up as a news show like Face the Nation or Meet the press despite the fact that he claims he is not news. Then there is the part about him being on a cable news channel. And then there is the part where many of his viewers, including POTUS, appear to take his commentary as news. The conspiracies that he floats on his show routinely get repeated as if they are news.

As you said, just like Jon Stewart.

No reasonable person took Stewart as a news person, because, well, he wasn't. Only leftists did, and they repeated his lines and played clips from his show on their news shows.

No reasonable person takes Hannity as a news person, because, well, he isn't. Only leftists do, and repeat his show as if it were news to mock real news.

Seeing a trend here?

Hijinx

No reasonable person took Stewart as a news person, because, well, he wasn't. Only leftists did, and they repeated his lines and played clips from his show on their news shows.

No reasonable person takes Hannity as a news person, because, well, he isn't. Only leftists do, and repeat his show as if it were news to mock real news.

Seeing a trend here?

You guys are being generous.
It's the same old media against Trump and anyone engaged with him.
The same old BS every day.

Get Trump get anyone who likes him.
One thing the Democraps do well is attack the enemy.
While the Republicrats hide in their closets.

SamSpade

I don't get where this comes from.

People will quote Jimmy Kimmel as "news" but he's not. It doesn't mean what he has to say is of no value, but I don't think he should be taken any more seriously than, say, Jesse Watters, Greg Gutfeld or Geraldo Rivera.
Some years back, his radio show came right on the heels of Rush's show - and who on here, even if you LIKE him, thinks Rush is "news"?

Now I typically don't watch him - I found his show a little dull even as far back when Alan Colmes was on his show. I watch occasionally when he is actually IN the news regarding his show,
and I watch to get his version or to clarify.

I don't know anyone who takes his stuff as seriously as you suggest. But I do know a few who do watch him nonetheless.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The reality is that hannity dresses his show up as a news show

No, he doesn't and you are talking out your ass. Hannity has long been known as a right-wing shill. He is exactly the same as Rush Limbaugh. Everybody knows this. You people used to know it because you railed about it all the time. Hannity is now and always has been exactly what the Left has said he is: a right-wing political pundit who would defend the Republicans no matter what they did.

So now because your handlers tell you he's a news journalist, you forget everything you said prior and just brainlessly parrot the talking points?

Good grief.

Hijinx

No, he doesn't and you are talking out your ass. Hannity has long been known as a right-wing shill. He is exactly the same as Rush Limbaugh. Everybody knows this. You people used to know it because you railed about it all the time. Hannity is now and always has been exactly what the Left has said he is: a right-wing political pundit who would defend the Republicans no matter what they did.

So now because your handlers tell you he's a news journalist, you forget everything you said prior and just brainlessly parrot the talking points?

Good grief.

Gee: Midnight talking out of his ass., well there is nothing new about that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Gee: Midnight talking out of his ass., well there is nothing new about that.

He does gobble the talking points, doesn't he? He's been doing this on here for 14 years and routinely gets his ass handed to him, and still he gobbles and barfs.

:crazy:

SamSpade

Rush 'talks' about what is in the news .... providing commentary and observations

Which was one of the reasons I would LISTEN to Sean on the radio, because Sean had guests and Rush typically doesn't.

I found Sean rather dull, and most of his online radio research seemed to consist of little more than repackaging whatever appeared on Drudge that day.

He had ONE redeeming point - he not only had guests, he had good ones - during the Bush years, he'd have Condi or Dick Cheney or Mitt Romney.
You'd get to hear - live on the air - what these people had to say and if you were lucky, you could call in and ask a question.
I've only ever had such luck ONCE on a call in show, and my question was to Sam Donaldson's guest on HIS show - and that guest was George Will.

But YOU might actually listen to a show if there was a chance you could ask a question of, say, the President or Vice President, live, on the air.

Most of the time, it was dull, and I tuned into Jerry Doyle's show on the drive home. (Sadly, Jerry has left us).

Midnightrider

I don't get where this comes from.

People will quote Jimmy Kimmel as "news" but he's not. It doesn't mean what he has to say is of no value, but I don't think he should be taken any more seriously than, say, Jesse Watters, Greg Gutfeld or Geraldo Rivera.
Some years back, his radio show came right on the heels of Rush's show - and who on here, even if you LIKE him, thinks Rush is "news"?

Now I typically don't watch him - I found his show a little dull even as far back when Alan Colmes was on his show. I watch occasionally when he is actually IN the news regarding his show,
and I watch to get his version or to clarify.

I don't know anyone who takes his stuff as seriously as you suggest. But I do know a few who do watch him nonetheless.
in this particular case he was interviewing Cohen who is and was central to ongoing real news. He was making news in that interview.

Lots of people take his stuff seriously, either directly or indirectly.

Seeing a trend here?

Yeah, I see that you can’t admit that just as many on the right take hannity for news as those on the left did with Stewart. Of course the huge difference is that the daily show was on COMEDY CENTRAL, not MSNBC or CNN.

Toxick

Splat
The reality is that hannity dresses his show up as a news show like Face the Nation or Meet the press despite the fact that he claims he is not news.

s-l1000.jpg

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Name one.

Just admit you're owned. Everyone sees it and you're busted.

right wingers [Trump Supporters] of course .... he just knows they are out there ...

I'll say this the same kind of people that take Jon Stewart as 'NEWS' take Hannity as news - opposite sides of the ideological coin
[even though Hanity clearly does not dress his show up as news]

just because you or I do not, nor people in 'our' circle doesn't mean they do not exist

[MR just likes to be obtuse, just to argue]

SamSpade

I'll say this the same kind of people that take Jon Stewart as 'NEWS' take Hannity as news - opposite sides of the ideological coin

I'd go so far as to say they ARE the same people. These screwy lefties think BOTH of them are news.