What is it with the NYT?

This_person

So, the NYT claims Mattis wanted to go to Congress before the Syria bombing and that the White House "overruled" him.

What's wrong with that?

Well, the White House say, "nuh uh."

“Reports that Secretary Mattis urged the president to seek congressional approval before last week’s strikes in Syria are categorically false,” White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a statement. “As Secretary Mattis explained to Congress in yesterday’s all-member briefs, the president appropriately ordered the strikes under his constitutional authorities.”

But, that's just the White House being the Orange Man's house, lying like usual, right?

Well, uh, no. Mattis also said it was not true.

“I have no idea where that story came from,” Mattis told reporters at the top of a meeting with the Qatari defense minister. “I found nothing in it that I could recall from my own last week’s activities.”

So, who are we supposed to believe? Do we believe the NYT, who quotes "officials", or those involved? Do we trust the guy the NYT says is "widely viewed by global leaders as the strongest and perhaps most credible voice on foreign policy in" Trump's administration, or the NYT?

It's really a mystery why no one trusts the media, isn't it?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
NYT has been making chit up for decades. Along with WashPo, you can't trust anything they print and in fact are better off assuming it's a lie.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
"Anonymous sources" aren't worth chit. In my mind that translates to "we totally made this up". NYT and WashPo are the kings of "anonymous sources", and their TV cohorts pick up these dumb stories and run with them.

My favorite stories are the ones where Buzzfeed :)lol:) got the "scoop". Then all the mediabots pick it up: "Buzzfeed is reporting that...(insert some lie here)" This is their way of peddling a story that they know is bull#### - "*We* didn't say it, Buzzfeed said it!"

This_person

"Anonymous sources" aren't worth chit. In my mind that translates to "we totally made this up". NYT and WashPo are the kings of "anonymous sources", and their TV cohorts pick up these dumb stories and run with them.

My favorite stories are the ones where Buzzfeed :)lol:) got the "scoop". Then all the mediabots pick it up: "Buzzfeed is reporting that...(insert some lie here)" This is their way of peddling a story that they know is bull#### - "*We* didn't say it, Buzzfeed said it!"

I'm torn on these things a lot of the time.

Was this someone in Trump or Mattis' camp trying to find a mole, or is it really just totally fabricated out of whole cloth?

I would definitely have my trusted executive admin assistant (if I had one, like these guys do) "confide" into an untrusted "inner sanctum" person something like, "can you believe Mattis did this, and Trump did that?!" Then wait.

Hijinx

These media and leftists have this whole country so screwed up no one knoews what is going on.

If they would just leave Trump alone for a week, maybe things would get better.

Leaks, Anonymous sources, they are daily attacks on the Trump administration.
WAPO and the New York Slimes are as bad as or worse than ISIS, because ISIS we can fight, but our Constitution protects the real enemy
The bigoted and spiteful Media.