Great Mills High School in the news again...

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Student Arrested After Two Other Students Overdosed on Pot Brownies Sold to Them at Great Mills High School

On Wednesday, April 18, 2018, at Great Mills High School, in Great Mills, a school employee became aware a student was ill and possibly suffering from an overdose, due to eating a brownie which contained THC/CBG, which is derived from marijuana plants.

Corporal Kristi Nelson from the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office was notified and a joint investigation with the St. Mary’s County Public Schools was initiated.

The investigation determined a fifteen year old female student made the brownies containing marijuana and subsequently sold them at school.

Numerous students consumed the brownies and became ill. Two students were ultimately transported to a local hospital for treatment.

The juvenile suspect who made and sold the brownies was charged with the following:

• CDS: Distribution School Property
  • CDS: Distribution of Marijuana
  • CDS: Possession of Marijuana
  • Reckless Endangerment
  • Disruption of School Activities

The investigation is ongoing and has been continued by detectives from the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office Narcotics Division.

https://smnewsnet.com/archives/4327...nies-sold-to-them-at-great-mills-high-school/

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
How much pot do you need to eat for an overdose? At least the baker wasn't skimpy on the ingredients.

MR47930

Probably just got super paranoid and started freaking out. What do they "prescribe" for an overdose of this kind? Take a nap?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I don't think it is possible to OD on pot, brownies yea but I don't think THC.

Depends how you define it, I guess.

Overall, modern marijuana is considered to be more potent than it was 20 years ago,2 which can lead to accidental overdoses. Users who eat edibles containing marijuana may consume more marijuana than intended since they take longer to digest and the onset of intoxication is delayed.1

https://www.projectknow.com/research/marijuana-overdose/