Comey’s Memos

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I think they are :bs: some made up fantasy

but since Comey is the Progressive Hero of the Hour, they will lap them up as Allah's Sacred Word

Hijinx

I am sorry I have to pass on this one.
That should make you all happy LOL

I just cannot bring myself to read that sh1t.

limblips

PREMO Member
The first paragraph of the first memo shown says a lot. Comey writes: "I am not sure of the classification so I chose secret." "If it should be higher or lower let me know." It is my recollection that if there was a question about classification level then you default to the highest until a determination is made. One would think the head of the FBI would know the rules. He must have attended the same Handling Classified Material brief that hrc did.

rmorse

The first paragraph of the first memo shown says a lot. Comey writes: "I am not sure of the classification so I chose secret." "If it should be higher or lower let me know." It is my recollection that if there was a question about classification level then you default to the highest until a determination is made. One would think the head of the FBI would know the rules. He must have attended the same Handling Classified Material brief that hrc did.

False. If you're unsure, you default to one level down.

PsyOps

Pixelated

A little curious about this... if you're not sure what the classification should be, what would one level down from 'unsure' be?

the actual answer is, if you can't decide between unclass and secret, you go to secret to be safe. It can later be downgraded if necessary.

Last edited:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
A little curious about this... if you're not sure what the classification should be, what would one level down from 'unsure' be?

the actual answer is, if you can't decide between unclass and secret, you go to secret to be safe. It can later be downgraded if necessary.
The current guidance on classification levels, EO 13526, states at Section 1.1(b) "If there is significant doubt about the need to classify information, it shall not be classified." And Section 1.2 (c) states - "If there is significant doubt about the appropriate level of classification, it shall be classified at the lower level." There are only three levels to choose from so the decision shouldn't be too difficult.

We were always taught that if you didn't know the classification you go back to the source to get the classification and don't try to determine it yourself if you don't have the knowledge to properly classify it.

limblips

PREMO Member

I should have used the words "higher of the two" instead of highest. However in this case Comey stated he"chose secret" but if it should be HIGHER or lower to let him know. And did you mean default UP one level? It makes little sense to think something might be secret but since you are unsure handle it as confidential.

PsyOps

Pixelated
The current guidance on classification levels, EO 13526, states at Section 1.1(b) "If there is significant doubt about the need to classify information, it shall not be classified." And Section 1.2 (c) states - "If there is significant doubt about the appropriate level of classification, it shall be classified at the lower level." There are only three levels to choose from so the decision shouldn't be too difficult.

I sit corrected. :notworthy

While this sits contrary to logic, it is the government.

This_person

It makes little sense to think something might be secret but since you are unsure handle it as confidential.

"The major focus is the idea that information should become declassified systematically as soon as practicable." So sayeth Lord Wiki Pedia.

My guess is that this was an attempt by BHO to actually have a little governmental transparency (for old stuff, not HIS stuff LOL).

limblips

PREMO Member

Thank you.

rmorse

I should have used the words "higher of the two" instead of highest. However in this case Comey stated he"chose secret" but if it should be HIGHER or lower to let him know. And did you mean default UP one level? It makes little sense to think something might be secret but since you are unsure handle it as confidential.

No I did not mean default up one level. I saw someone already posted the guidance so this confusion is probably cleared up now lol.

I'm not saying it makes sense....I'm just saying that's the rules. Although dealing with #### that's secret is a pain in the ass so that's probably why they did it that way.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
IMG_1179.jpg

SamSpade

I have not read it - I've read excerpts, and seen him on TV. Mostly giving marginal answers.

My unqualified opinion then is, he hasn't broken any new ground. He has not revealed anything that hasn't already been revealed,
with the possible exception of tiny tidbits of his own life and his less than stellar opinion of others.
No new evidence, nothing even seeming like new evidence.

Just writing a book about what most people already know who have been following the story and
possibly the MOST damning evidence is actually biting COMEY in the ass.

I can't guess why he might write it *except* for the money, because it's otherwise pointless.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I have not read it - I've read excerpts, and seen him on TV. Mostly giving marginal answers.

My unqualified opinion then is, he hasn't broken any new ground. He has not revealed anything that hasn't already been revealed,
with the possible exception of tiny tidbits of his own life and his less than stellar opinion of others.
No new evidence, nothing even seeming like new evidence.

Just writing a book about what most people already know who have been following the story and
possibly the MOST damning evidence is actually biting COMEY in the ass.

I can't guess why he might write it *except* for the money, because it's otherwise pointless.

Of course its for the money........no new news here