DNC files Multimillion dollar lawsuit against Trump, Wikileaks and Russia citing Collusion

Sapidus

Ruh Roh.

Sounds like more legal trouble for Trump:

The Democratic National Committee (DNC) is suing the Russian government, the Trump campaign and WikiLeaks, alleging that the three entities conspired to help President Trump win the 2016 election.

The Washington Post reported Friday that the DNC filed the multimillion dollar lawsuit in federal district court in Manhattan.

“During the 2016 presidential campaign, Russia launched an all-out assault on our democracy, and it found a willing and active partner in Donald Trump’s campaign,” DNC Chairman Tom Perez said in a statement.

“This constituted an act of unprecedented treachery: the campaign of a nominee for President of the United States in league with a hostile foreign power to bolster its own chance to win the presidency."

http://thehill.com/regulation/court...-government-trump-campaign-wikileaks-alleging

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“This constituted an act of unprecedented treachery .....

why yes, Hillary Clinton and the DNC ....

.... Now Wikileaks is a problem, while Wikileaks was roasting Bush over Irag they were all edgy and cool cats

This_person

This is hilarious. I wonder how a court would enforce any findings against Russia :lol:

It will be fun to see them try to prove their case when MONTHS of multiple investigations have uncovered......NOTHING.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This is hilarious. I wonder how a court would enforce any findings against Russia :lol:

It will be fun to see them try to prove their case when MONTHS of multiple investigations have uncovered......NOTHING.

Seriously. It's not like this isn't already a major investigation (going precisely nowhere). Any Democrat with even a smidgen of integrity should immediately change their voter registration unless they just like being associated with this sort of retardation.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member

How can they prove they were hacked when they haven't allowed anyone to analyze their servers?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How can they prove they were hacked when they haven't allowed anyone to analyze their servers?

I'm pretty sure the whole point of this charade is to keep their mindless bots at a fever pitch and give them something to focus on so they don't start doing any of that there thinking stuff that politicians hate so much. Oh, and to waste taxpayer money, which is their most favoritist thing to do ever.

Sapidus

"The lawsuit echoes a similar legal tactic that the Democratic Party used during the Watergate scandal. In 1972, the DNC filed suit against former president Richard Nixon’s reelection committee seeking $1 million in damages for the break-in at Democratic headquarters in the Watergate building.

The suit was denounced at the time by Nixon’s Attorney General, John Mitchell, who called it a case of “sheer demagoguery” by the DNC. But the civil action brought by former DNC chair Lawrence F. O’Brien was ultimately successful, yielding a $750,000 settlement from the Nixon campaign that was reached on the day in 1974 that Nixon left office."

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
"The lawsuit echoes a similar legal tactic that the Democratic Party used during the Watergate scandal. In 1972, the DNC filed suit against former president Richard Nixon’s reelection committee seeking $1 million in damages for the break-in at Democratic headquarters in the Watergate building.

The suit was denounced at the time by Nixon’s Attorney General, John Mitchell, who called it a case of “sheer demagoguery” by the DNC. But the civil action brought by former DNC chair Lawrence F. O’Brien was ultimately successful, yielding a $750,000 settlement from the Nixon campaign that was reached on the day in 1974 that Nixon left office."

Big difference, sport. The break-in actually happened.

Rommey

So if this proceeds, I wonder how the DNC plans to handle their own collusion against the Sanders in the primaries...

Hijinx

I heard the Democrats were broke, but this isn't just broke.
This is desperate.

They could easily be hoisted on their own petard and bring about unintended consequences.