Jury Duty questionnaire

catlingirl

Has anyone gotten the questionnaire without a jury duty summons? Or does the summons come with it automatically? Thanks

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You get the questionnaire to see if there's some way you can get out of it....uh, I mean, if there's something that would prevent you from being a juror.

Living too far from Greenbelt is what did it for me.

PeoplesElbow

You get the questionnaire to see if there's some way you can get out of it....uh, I mean, if there's something that would prevent you from being a juror.

Living too far from Greenbelt is what did it for me.

Didn't do it for me, I live in Lexington Park and was still sitting on a Jury for 5 weeks.

They did pay mileage or put me up in a motel though.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Didn't do it for me, I live in Lexington Park and was still sitting on a Jury for 5 weeks.

They did pay mileage or put me up in a motel though.

My only manager and right hand person got the questionnaire a couple weeks ago. Having her gone for five weeks would totally devastate me and my business. I hope they cannot "make" her serve. Besides the financial hardship, I would be ready to be committed after about two weeks :dork:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My only manager and right hand person got the questionnaire a couple weeks ago. Having her gone for five weeks would totally devastate me and my business. I hope they cannot "make" her serve. Besides the financial hardship, I would be ready to be committed after about two weeks :dork:

You're in luck! If you are an owner or manager of a small business that couldn't possibly get along without you, you are exempt. In fact, that's what did it for me, not distance from Greenbelt. :dork:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

You're in luck! If you are an owner or manager of a small business that couldn't possibly get along without you, you are exempt. In fact, that's what did it for me, not distance from Greenbelt. :dork:

They are pretty good at excusing you if you have a valid excuse. I got called up for this in my last semester of college in 2004 and was excused. But in my case, it just delayed the inevitable. I did have to serve but fortunately never had to report to Greenbelt. :yay:

PeoplesElbow

It wasn't a solid five weeks, court was only 2-3 days a week, unfortunately some of those days we got to court, entered the chamber, lawyers had a sidebar and then they sent us home.

I was on a rather long case though, five defendants, cocaine distribution and gun running.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Never been called for jury duty.

Register as a Libertarian, you'll never be asked. :lol:

Now THAT is the best case for registering L that I've heard so far.

I've been a Republican and unaffiliated, and they call me up pretty much every year.