"Think its harmless? 9 in 10 teens at drug clinics for marijuana addictions"

Cannabis is responsible for 91 per cent of cases where teenagers end up being treated for drug addiction, shocking new figures reveal.

Supporters of the drug claim it is harmless, but an official report now warns the ‘increased dominance of high-potency herbal cannabis’ – known as skunk – is causing more young people to seek treatment.

The revelation comes amid growing concerns that universities – and even some public schools – are awash with high-strength cannabis and other drugs.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nics-treated-marijuana-use.html#ixzz5DQ7FWWAS

PsyOps

Pixelated
I don't think anyone is saying pot is harmless; at least not in the strictest sense of the word. Everything we ingest can harm you if you abuse it. I mean, I would bet obesity among those under 18 is far more prevalent than those addicted to pot.

The question I have is, how are kids under 18 getting pot in the first place? Certainly making it illegal hasn't prevented it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The question I have is, how are kids under 18 getting pot in the first place? Certainly making it illegal hasn't prevented it.

And legalizing it definitely won't.

I'm telling you, and you can call it a crazy conspiracy theory if you want: our government wants us to be sedated and compliant. There is no other reason to legalize, and therefore condone, drug use.

PsyOps

Pixelated

I'm telling you, and you can call it a crazy conspiracy theory if you want: our government wants us to be sedated and compliant. There is no other reason to legalize, and therefore condone, drug use.

Then I can lump you in with those that believe we are all too stupid to handle our every day lives to make rational decisions. I'm no more likely to smoke pot if it were legal than I am now. If I'm inclined to smoke pot, I will do it regardless of the law. I believe I speak for the vast majority of people out there. Regardless of what the government wants us to be, they can't force me to ingest something I don't want.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

I hope the legalize opiods next...

PsyOps

Pixelated
How do you figure that? You need the correct license or a prescription to get them.
I have yet to see them available on the shelf at my local Dollar General.
As all drugs should be.

Something that is illegal you can't even get a prescription for: cocaine, crack, heroin, etc...

Seems some are missing the point... I know a lot of adults who shrug their shoulders and say, "It's just pot. We all did it and we are fine."

The point is it is no longer the pot of days ago.

Hijinx

Seems some are missing the point... I know a lot of adults who shrug their shoulders and say, "It's just pot. We all did it and we are fine."

Same old argument.

Never changes, some say legalize drugs other say no.

fact: Those who need a crutch to get through life use drugs.

PeoplesElbow

A Free person shouldn't need a permission slip to go to the pharmacy and buy drugs.

You can in many other countries. I don't exactly think it is the best idea. Take for example antibiotics, their over use has led to antibiotic resistant bacteria. I am not sure how we can handle that.

Hijinx

You can in many other countries. I don't exactly think it is the best idea. Take for example antibiotics, their over use has led to antibiotic resistant bacteria. I am not sure how we can handle that.

Create new antibiotics.It's an industry.

Last edited:

black dog

Free America

I can buy alcohol at verying percentages and proofs, why not weed?

black dog

Free America

Over use and consumption of many things has caused heath problems with some.
And yet here with all of our given rights, I don't have the choice of what drugs I want to take... So prescriptions have been around since almost the beginning of time, have the doctors of the world been responsible so far?

And I'll toss in that I would bet a huge amount of folks that most normal prescribed antibiotics don't work on, have a track record of not finishing the antibiotics that were subscribed to them because they felt better two days into them, and saved the rest for the next time they coughed up green...