The Intersectional Left vs. Kanye West

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The SJWs of the left demand absolute compliance to maintain relevance in the social sphere, you see.

But Kanye West is bucking them nonetheless. Among his sometimes free-association Twitter feed, he had the audacity to tweet, “I love the way Candace Owens thinks.”

Candace Owens, for those who don’t know, is a young conservative pundit and Trump supporter. Some might say that she’s an unconventional Trump supporter, however, given the fact that she’s not only young and female, but a black woman. The left attacks her for that, sure. But she’s fierce in her factual deconstruction of the Democrat narrative, namely token myths like institutional white racism and white privilege and Hollywood virtue-signaling, and she incessantly reminds her followers how Democrat policies have caused a regression in the black community since the 1960s, as myriad facts can attest. As the great Thomas Sowell, no stranger to facts, has said: “The black family survived centuries of slavery, and generations of Jim Crow, but it has disintegrated in the liberals’ expansion of the welfare state.”

[clip]

West took the bold position of being an advocate for Owens, likely knowing that it would anger many of his followers. And when confronted by countless angry responses, he didn’t apologize. He doubled down.

“People demonize people and then they demonize anyone anybody who sees anything positive in someone whose been demonized,” [sic] he tweeted, following it with “The thought police want to suppress freedom of thought.”

But the series of tweets that follows is interesting, at least in this context. West tweeted, “Constantly bringing up the past keeps you stuck there.”

Last edited:

transporter

The SJWs of the left demand absolute compliance to maintain relevance in the social sphere, you see.

But Kanye West is bucking them nonetheless. Among his sometimes free-association Twitter feed, he had the audacity to tweet, “I love the way Candace Owens thinks.”

Candace Owens, for those who don’t know, is a young conservative pundit and Trump supporter. Some might say that she’s an unconventional Trump supporter, however, given the fact that she’s not only young and female, but a black woman. The left attacks her for that, sure. But she’s fierce in her factual deconstruction of the Democrat narrative, namely token myths like institutional white racism and white privilege and Hollywood virtue-signaling, and she incessantly reminds her followers how Democrat policies have caused a regression in the black community since the 1960s, as myriad facts can attest. As the great Thomas Sowell, no stranger to facts, has said: “The black family survived centuries of slavery, and generations of Jim Crow, but it has disintegrated in the liberals’ expansion of the welfare state.”

[clip]

West took the bold position of being an advocate for Owens, likely knowing that it would anger many of his followers. And when confronted by countless angry responses, he didn’t apologize. He doubled down.

“People demonize people and then they demonize anyone anybody who sees anything positive in someone whose been demonized,” [sic] he tweeted, following it with “The thought police want to suppress freedom of thought.”

But the series of tweets that follows is interesting, at least in this context. West tweeted, “Constantly bringing up the past keeps you stuck there.”

What now inane comment from Hijinx? He probably doesn't understand the word "intersectional"...

SamSpade

What now inane comment from Hijinx? He probably doesn't understand the word "intersectional"...

Yes, please - use it in a sentence.

I'm beginning to think that transporter gets paid to appear on a bare minimum of threads rather than posts, which would explain single responses to long threads and posts that consist of brief insults without anything resembling argument or meaningful comment.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

I'm beginning to think that transporter gets paid to appear on a bare minimum of threads rather than posts, which would explain single responses to long threads and posts that consist of brief insults without anything resembling argument or meaningful comment.
do you believe they're all the same MPD yet?

SamSpade

do you believe they're all the same MPD yet?
No. While I am sure that many are recycled older types who I guess are either returning under a different name or were booted and are thirsty for more --
The writing styles of some people are distinctive enough that there's a few.

I do occasionally wonder if one of them isn't *Larry* just being a poop. But none of them sound enough like Larry yet.
And he'd want people to know it was him.

I have a couple MPD's which I use sparingly, to ask questions when I don't want people to know I am asking it.
Despite what twerps like transporter says, a lot of us DO know each other.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The writing styles of some people are distinctive enough that there's a few.
Despite what twerps like transporter says, a lot of us DO know each other.

Yes Transporters Derision is identical to TJ's ......
since AFAIK TJ was never banned I wondered why the change, when your prose of readily identifiable ...

stgislander

PREMO Member

I'm not a big fan of banning people, but it's TrannyJ's habit of posting and running that irritates me and would justify a ban. Everyone else here hangs around to either add to the conversation or defend their point of view at some point.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The Intersectional Left vs. Kanye West = tard fight.

Watching stupid people spew gibberish at each other isn't fun for me.

SamSpade

I'm not a big fan of banning people, but it's TrannyJ's habit of posting and running that irritates me and would justify a ban. Everyone else here hangs around to either add to the conversation or defend their point of view at some point.

The posting and running is bringing me to the point where I realize it is pointless to spar with her, since she's never going to respond.
I don't ever recall her posting more than once on a thread - at least, one she didn't start - but it may have happened.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The posting and running is bringing me to the point where I realize it is pointless to spar with her, since she's never going to respond.
I don't ever recall her posting more than once on a thread - at least, one she didn't start - but it may have happened.

I have long understood that it's pointless to spar with these people. Occasionally it's fun to verbally abuse them, but mostly I have them on Ignore and don't peek.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Politics is downstream of culture.

Liberal ideology didn’t take American culture by force. Conservatives abandoned it. They left it behind as too silly, too inane, too fluffy. It can rightfully be said that left-wing ideology routinely dismisses the realities of human nature. In the case of culture, right-wing ideology has done the same.

Most Americans don’t really care about tax structuring, deficits or regulations. Not on a daily basis. Those subjects are extremely important but they are dry. They’re boring!

But most Americans are also very much willing to absorb ideas about these subjects that are folded into their favorite shows and songs, or expressed by their favorite artists in an easily digestible soundbite. When conservatives abandoned the culture for loftier pursuits, liberals filled the space left behind and now we have a pop culture sector that is almost exclusively occupied by liberal thought and creations.

Reid is right in that many conservatives will pretend like they don’t care about celebrity and pop culture. I don’t agree with her assessment that conservatives are “satisfied” with the Ted Nugent’s of the world but I do agree with her point that follows. Conservatives certainly do thirst for cultural relevance. Many of us do realize that when conservatives of the past acquiesced pop culture to the left, we also abandoned our seat at the table of power.

There certainly is an excitement that spreads among the right when celebrities like Kanye West say what he said. Much like Reid, I find it a bit hypocritical. We conservatives are always talking about how the opinions of celebrities who speak from gated communities and ivory towers are worthless and should never be given any weight. Then we fawn all over anyone with celebrity status (past or present) who risks espousing conservative values out loud.

And those people generally turn out to be “Chachis”…people who don’t have a lot of mainstream career-cred left to lose.

I wouldn’t agree that the entire right wing is “giddy” over Kanye, but many are; and the reason they’re giddy is that so many of them feel not just abandoned by Hollywood, but regularly insulted by Hollywood despite their dollars going to support the lavish lifestyles of those who ungratefully malign conservatives with their platforms.

https://www.redstate.com/kiradavis/2018/04/23/joy-reids-criticism-right-wing-giddiness-valid/

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Former Obama Head Speechwriter: Please Ignore Kanye

Favreau has had a bee in his oversized bonnet for some time about Trump, and he wears elephantine blinders when he speaks of him, considering who his former boss was. In January, he stated, “It's all a day-to-day s***show there. … Is his shamelessness something that's inherent to Donald Trump, or are other Republicans and other politicians in general, even Democrats, going to look at that and say, 'Okay, well if he's shameless and he got away with all of that, can I be the same way?'”

“Shameless.” From Obama’s former speech writer.

After West issued his tweets, Favreau couldn’t help himself, apparently, eager to stop the deluge following West’s tweets and telling the world exactly what Favreau himself thought of President Trump:

[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/jonfavs/status/989228655757869056[/TWITTER]

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/chancetherapper/status/989260195598688257[/TWITTER]

The Grammy Award-winning musical talent has been open about his support for Democrats like twice-failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton. His tweet was certainly not an assertion to Republican ideology, but, more importantly, an expression of support for freedom of thought, seemingly taking a note from Kanye.

Yet, such a tame and accurate statement set the internet on fire. Within just an hour of posting, the tweet received over 100,000 "likes" and more than 37,000 replies.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/2989...r-says-black-people-dont-amanda-prestigiacomo

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I had never even heard of Candace Owens until Kanye West tweeted about her and made her famous. She was amazing on Hannity tonight.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I had never even heard of Candace Owens until Kanye West tweeted about her and made her famous. She was amazing on Hannity tonight.

She's been a Youtube hit for quite a while.

Saw her first video about 6-8 months ago.

Usually spot on and done with humor. :yay: