GQ Magazine Lists the Bible in the Top 21 Most Overrated Books of All Time

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
In an article titled 21 Books You Don’t Have to Read, the fashion magazine says that the Bible is the number 12 most overrated book of all time.

From GQ:

“The Holy Bible is rated very highly by all the people who supposedly live by it but who in actuality have not read it. Those who have read it know there are some good parts, but overall it is certainly not the finest thing that man has ever produced. It is repetitive, self-contradictory, sententious, foolish, and even at times ill-intentioned. If the thing you heard was good about the Bible was the nasty bits, then I propose Agota Kristof's The Notebook ,a marvelous tale of two brothers who have to get along when things get rough. The subtlety and cruelty of this story is like that famous sword stroke (from below the boat) that plunged upward through the bowels, the lungs, and the throat and into the brain of the rower. —Jesse Ball, 'Census’”

Why would Christians care what a secular magazine has to say? It is unclear if getting mad is the appropriate response, but Townhall contributor and Regnery author Dennis Prager has an answer for those who think the Bible is outdated. Prager penned a book called The Rational Bible: Exodus. The book recently made number two on all books on Amazon. The Rational Bible details what the Bible teaches and why it is important for the foundation of our society.

Prager was astonished by its success and recently wrote about in a column on Townhall.

From Dennis Prager:

"Yesterday, my book "The Rational Bible," a 500-page commentary on the book of Exodus, was published. It is probably the biggest surprise of my life that, as of this writing, it ranks No. 2 on Amazon. Not No. 2 among religious books; No. 2 among all books sold in America. If there was one book I have written that I never entertained hopes of becoming a best-seller, this was it.

I think the primary explanation is a yearning among many Americans -- particularly conservatives, and particularly young people -- for meaning and wisdom, neither of which their godless upbringing and education provided. Even if it was conservative."

2 Thoughts Here ......

1) Why Should / Would Christians Care About GQ ...... Does Their Opinion Really Matter
2) Why Does GQ Editorial Board Care About The Bible ..... being as Men's Fashion Mag

:shrug:

or is it just another Progressive Attack on Christianity in attempt to marginalize beliefs
because the Bible continues to be the #1 Seller EVERY YR for NON Fiction

and what do they think about the Koran
[oh right they don't have the balls to review the Koran like that]

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When did GQ become a political magazine? They used to talk about men's fashion and cigars. Nekkid wimmins. Guy stuff. Now it seems they're merely a progbot influencer that goes out of its way to be offensive.

Hijinx

In an article titled 21 Books You Don’t Have to Read, the fashion magazine says that the Bible is the number 12 most overrated book of all time.

From GQ:

“The Holy Bible is rated very highly by all the people who supposedly live by it but who in actuality have not read it. Those who have read it know there are some good parts, but overall it is certainly not the finest thing that man has ever produced. It is repetitive, self-contradictory, sententious, foolish, and even at times ill-intentioned. If the thing you heard was good about the Bible was the nasty bits, then I propose Agota Kristof's The Notebook ,a marvelous tale of two brothers who have to get along when things get rough. The subtlety and cruelty of this story is like that famous sword stroke (from below the boat) that plunged upward through the bowels, the lungs, and the throat and into the brain of the rower. —Jesse Ball, 'Census’”

Why would Christians care what a secular magazine has to say? It is unclear if getting mad is the appropriate response, but Townhall contributor and Regnery author Dennis Prager has an answer for those who think the Bible is outdated. Prager penned a book called The Rational Bible: Exodus. The book recently made number two on all books on Amazon. The Rational Bible details what the Bible teaches and why it is important for the foundation of our society.

Prager was astonished by its success and recently wrote about in a column on Townhall.

From Dennis Prager:

"Yesterday, my book "The Rational Bible," a 500-page commentary on the book of Exodus, was published. It is probably the biggest surprise of my life that, as of this writing, it ranks No. 2 on Amazon. Not No. 2 among religious books; No. 2 among all books sold in America. If there was one book I have written that I never entertained hopes of becoming a best-seller, this was it.

I think the primary explanation is a yearning among many Americans -- particularly conservatives, and particularly young people -- for meaning and wisdom, neither of which their godless upbringing and education provided. Even if it was conservative."

2 Thoughts Here ......

1) Why Should / Would Christians Care About GQ ...... Does Their Opinion Really Matter
2) Why Does GQ Editorial Board Care About The Bible ..... being as Men's Fashion Mag

or is it just another Progressive Attack on Christianity in attempt to marginalize beliefs

and what do they think about the Koran
[oh right they don't have the balls to review the Koran like that]

Does anyone actually give a stinky dump what GQ has to say about the Bible?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
When did GQ become a political magazine? They used to talk about men's fashion and cigars. Nekkid wimmins. Guy stuff. Now it seems they're merely a progbot influencer that goes out of its way to be offensive.
Catering to their current Beta clientele.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Now it seems they're merely a progbot influencer that goes out of its way to be offensive.

that was part of my thought process ... why does GQ really care .... or are they just trying to score points with their Progressive Readers

SamSpade

When they're brave enough to say it about the KORAN, I'll listen. Right now they're just stirring the pot to get attention.
They're poking a lion that won't fight back.

If nothing else, no other book in history has influenced mankind like the Bible. And I am not just talking religion or charity or theology or any of that.
Nothing comes close to it in volumes in print, out of print, volumes of OLD manuscripts and printed material.
From the first stuff printed on a printing press to the first texts written out in great volumes and illuminated to the first words sent by telegraph to words spoken in space,
to stories in opera, the arts, paintings, sculpture, architecture - our very language. The calendar year. You don't have to believe a word of it
to see how strongly it has influenced the entire world.

The people sending in their reviews - nitwits. I wonder if the guy who panned "The Old Man and the Sea" ever learned what Hemingway was REALLY allegorizing?

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated
2 Thoughts Here ......

I'll go with #3. Anyone with an ounce of understanding and logic knows the Bible is the most sold and influential book in existence. And this still scares progressives to death.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I'll go with #3. Anyone with an ounce of understanding and logic knows the Bible is the most sold and influential book in existence. And this still scares progressives to death.

Indeed .... that Fairy Tale Book about a fake Sky God

PsyOps

Pixelated
Indeed .... that Fairy Tale Book about a fake Sky God

You know what's particularly annoying about this is, people like Pelosi, Obama, the Clintons, etc... progressives who claim they are Christians, are curiously silent about these kinds of things.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
You know what's particularly annoying about this is, people like Pelosi, Obama, the Clintons, etc... progressives who claim they are Christians, are curiously silent about these kinds of things.

Religious when it is Convenient or running for Reelection