No They Don't Want YOUR Guns .........

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Reacting to the shooting at a Waffle House in Tennessee in which several people were shot, far-left activist Emma González immediately attacked the NRA and Smith & Wesson Corp.

After several tweets, González called for the confiscation of all semi-automatic firearms, writing: "Removing the assault and semi-automatic weapons from our Civilian society, instituting thorough background checks and mandatory waiting periods (and raising the buying age and banning the production of high-capacity magazines) are the ways to stop shootings in America."

[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/Emma4Change/status/988037009791909891[/TWITTER]

González then falsely claimed that mass shootings do not happen in other countries, despite the fact that the worst mass shootings in world history have all happened outside the United States.

The top-6 deadliest mass shootings in world history:

1. 2017 Egyptian Mosque Attack, 305+ deaths
2. 2015 Kenya College Attack, 148 deaths
3. 2014 Pakistan School Massacre, 141 deaths
4. 2015 Paris Attacks, 130 deaths
5. 2011 Norway Attacks, 67 deaths
6. 2013 Kenya Shopping Mall Attack, 67 deaths

Parkland Student Calls For Confiscation Of All Semi-Automatic Firearms

what a clueless ####ing retard .... and to reiterate the Parkland Shooter used 10 Round Magazines

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
She's getting her ass handed to her. :lol:

Why do they do that? Had she stopped before that last sentence, she'd have had a valid point that no one could refute. But no. She, like all of them, had to inject a demonstrably false statement to negate her whole argument.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
She's getting her ass handed to her. :lol:

Why do they do that?

She, like all of them, had to inject a demonstrably false statement to negate her whole argument.

Because she is an UNEDUCATED 17 yr old that thinks she knows EVERYTHING ..... :drama:

Progressives be all like ... meh the US is Sooooo Violent, with all these 'mass shootings'

:killingme

yeah look around the world, we aren't even in the top 10

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Because she is an UNEDUCATED 17 yr old that thinks she knows EVERYTHING .....

But they all do it. Even the Schumers and Pelosis. They could make their point without being ignorant about it and making the rest of us guffaw at them, but they don't - they always have to add that extra slice of bull####.

Maybe they're just testing to see how dumb their followers really are?

SamSpade

But they all do it. Even the Schumers and Pelosis. They could make their point without being ignorant about it and making the rest of us guffaw at them, but they don't - they always have to add that extra slice of bull####.

Maybe they're just testing to see how dumb their followers really are?

Or they really ARE uninformed, even AFTER it's explained to them?
Because I have to admit, for YEARS I thought this was true - that huge mass shootings only happen *here*.
That mass killers are mostly American and serial killers are largely an American phenomenon.

I had to see the numbers and realize - who's been telling me this crap? People who don't know, or people who do and are lying?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
There was a terrible shooting at a Waffle House in Nashville on Sunday morning. A man walked into the restaurant and killed four people with an AR-15 before a hero, James Shaw, tackled him and wrestled his gun away. The final death toll is tragic. It could have been a whole lot worse, if not for the courage of Mr. Shaw.

[clip]

Many of them immediately pointed to Shaw as proof that you don't need a gun to defend yourself against an armed assailant. The Parkland activists, in particular, were quick to seize on this idea. As Emma Gonzalez put it:

"The local police say a man at the scene wrestled his gun away - looks like you don’t need to arm a teacher (or a resource officer) to stop a shooting. There goes the sales pitch for @SmithWessonCorp."

That tweet was 'liked' 20,000 times. David Hogg's tweet making the same argument was 'liked' more than 50,000 times. Apparently the gun grabbers believe they've really stumbled onto some kind of brilliant point here.

[clip]

The important takeaway from the case of James Shaw and the Waffle House shooter is that a good guy stood up and fought back. The law did not stop the shooting. The gun-free policy at the restaurant did not stop the shooting. The police could not get there in time to stop the shooting. It fell on the shoulders of an average person who decided not to be a victim. Fortunately, he was brave and strong enough to fight even at such a disadvantage. I fail to see how anyone was safer because of that disadvantage. Shaw prevailed in spite of it, not because of it. Most people in the world, however, are not brave or strong enough to bring only their fists to a gun fight. But if the fight were a bit more even, maybe we'd see a lot more James Shaws, and a lot more mass shootings stopped in their tracks.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/29752/walsh-behold-absolute-worst-anti-gun-argument-ever-matt-walsh

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Or they really ARE uninformed, even AFTER it's explained to them?
Because I have to admit, for YEARS I thought this was true - that huge mass shootings only happen *here*.
That mass killers are mostly American and serial killers are largely an American phenomenon.

I had to see the numbers and realize - who's been telling me this crap? People who don't know, or people who do and are lying?

I'ma go with "lying". You said yourself that for years you thought their rhetoric was true - that's what they're hoping for. And you're a smart person who is aware of the world around you and pays attention to what's going on. So if they can get you to believe it, what couldn't they do with the dumbasses who are more interested in swiping for a hookup than knowing what's happening in the world?

Emma Gonzalez is a kid. She believes what she's told to believe, and then barfs it up to whoever will listen to her. Chuck Schumer knows exactly what he's doing. Lindsey Graham knows exactly what he's doing. Anderson Cooper knows exactly what he's doing. They are liars and manipulators, and the Emma Gonzalezes are just their foot soldiers.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's interesting to note that previous generations of young people fought against the elite establishment, while this generation of young people is a willing and enthusiastic pawn.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It's interesting to note that previous generations of young people fought against the elite establishment, while this generation of young people is a willing and enthusiastic pawn.

well 50 yrs later, Progressives are 'The Man' in a lot of instances ....
They Wield the Levers and Gears of Power ...
They Are The Establishment ...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
well 50 yrs later, Progressives are 'The Man' in a lot of instances ....
They Wield the Levers and Gears of Power ...
They Are The Establishment ...

But young people are supposed to be rebelling against them, not spewing their talking points. They're supposed to be questioning authority, not being bots for it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
But young people are supposed to be rebelling against them, not spewing their talking points. They're supposed to be questioning authority, not being bots for it.

Come on DJ ... indoctrinated in schools so suck up the Progressive Group Think
if you Question the Progressive Meme you are castigated and cast out

SamSpade

The important takeaway from the case of James Shaw and the Waffle House shooter is that a good guy stood up and fought back.

It certainly supports the oft overlooked idea that a man can be a threat without personally carrying a weapon of any kind.
It's often commented upon that an assailant was "unarmed" - but it does not mean they aren't seriously deadly.
If someone comes at you and looks like Drax the Destroyer from Guardians of the Galaxy screaming he's going to pound you into a thin red paste,
you might want to either shoot or run like hell.

PsyOps

Pixelated
It certainly supports the oft overlooked idea that a man can be a threat without personally carrying a weapon of any kind.
It's often commented upon that an assailant was "unarmed" - but it does not mean they aren't seriously deadly.
If someone comes at you and looks like Drax the Destroyer from Guardians of the Galaxy screaming he's going to pound you into a thin red paste,
you might want to either shoot or run like hell.

To be fair about the anti-gun argument, it's about having the ability to kill a lot of people very quickly and easily. But I reject the contention that "see, you don't need a gun to stop a shooter". James Shaw is not the rule. While everyone else in that restaurant was finding a place to hide, Shaw was the only one trying to find a way to take Reinking down. As we've seen from all of the other shooter, people just don't think this way: "how can I take this gunman down".

With all of these shootings happening, it's caused me to run through scenarios and how I would respond. When I'm out in public, I am keenly aware of my surroundings; far more than I've ever been in the past. Aren't most Americans doing the same thing? Or do they remain in a state of denial that it will never happen to them?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
While everyone else in that restaurant was finding a place to hide, Shaw was the only one trying to find a way to take Reinking down.

Well, there's that part of it. But let's don't let facts and common sense get in the way of a good anti-gun rant.

Aren't most Americans doing the same thing?

Not any more than usual. I've been female my whole life and back in the day we learned early to have situational awareness.

Hijinx

The fact is , if James Shaw had of had a gun maybe he could have stopped the shooter after only one person was killed, or before 4 people got it.
At least the police wouldn't have had to hunt him down.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
.... Shaw was the only one trying to find a way to take Reinking down.

no he was trying to find a place to hide, but he was close enough when the shooter started fumbling with the weapon trying to reload, he availed himself of the opportunity to charge the shooter and engage him.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
The fact is , if James Shaw had of had a gun maybe he could have stopped the shooter after only one person was killed, or before 4 people got it.
At least the police wouldn't have had to hunt him down.

First two fatalities were in the parking lot, as I hear it. So Shaw might have prevented one fatality as I'm sure he wasn't triggered until one was shot inside the business.