Amazon Carries Water For Comey

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Amazon has instituted special safeguards on the review page for former FBI Director James Comey's new book, "A Higher Loyalty," limiting access only to those reviewers who can provide proof of a "verified purchase."

[clip]

Amazon is a private company and can limit consumers any way it sees fit, but the "verified purchase" requirement seems to be something new, instituted because reviewers with an ax to grind tanked both Hillary Clinton's "What Happened" and Michael Wolff's "Fire and Fury" before the books had been out a full week (in the reviewers' defense, both were truly terrible reads).

The "verified purchaser" requirement is doing its job: "A Higher Loyalty" has a five star rating, and most of the reviews are glowing "thank yous" to the former FBI director from members of the anti-Trump "resistance." A handful of lower-than-five-star ratings do point out that the book was in need of an editor, and express regret that the book isn't a "tell all" about President Trump.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/29744/you-cant-review-james-comeys-book-amazon-unless-emily-zanotti

it would be nice if ALL Authors had this sort of protection

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They actually do that all the time with controversial books so they don't get a bunch of random bitchers "reviewing" the author instead of the book itself.

I'm going to guess that the vast majority of people who read the book loved it....because people who think Comey is a slimy criminal aren't going to read his book. Just like the book that that one ####bag squirted out of his butthole - sane, normal people aren't going to read it, and certainly the psychos who did read it loved it.

SamSpade

They actually do that all the time with controversial books so they don't get a bunch of random bitchers "reviewing" the author instead of the book itself.

I'm going to guess that the vast majority of people who read the book loved it....because people who think Comey is a slimy criminal aren't going to read his book. Just like the book that that one ####bag squirted out of his butthole - sane, normal people aren't going to read it, and certainly the psychos who did read it loved it.

Ever read the "reviews" on sugar-free Haribo gummy bears? Be prepared to laugh yourself to DEATH. They're hysterical, if possibly completely made up.

I'm usually of the opinion that POLTICALLY charged books are NOT read by the majority of Amazon reviewers, even if they are verified purchasers.
This is partly because I've seen reviews come out the day of release, and reviews with zero actual reference to content - and sometimes VERY thin comments.

So I tend to ignore reviews on political books on Amazon altogether.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ever read the "reviews" on sugar-free Haribo gummy bears? Be prepared to laugh yourself to DEATH. They're hysterical, if possibly completely made up.

For those who have not had the pleasure:
https://www.amazon.com/Haribo-SUGAR-Classic-Gummi-Bears/product-reviews/B006J1FBLM

:roflmao:

So I tend to ignore reviews on political books on Amazon altogether.

I rarely read political hit pieces but I do sometimes like to amuse myself by reading the Amazon reviews. You see a lot of people reviewing the author or the subject rather than the book itself.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Sure books Written by Progressives .... the likes of Bill O, Hannity, Ingram, Rush ... routinely get 1 star bombed

[unless some policy change happened recently and I missed it]