ISO Information Calvert Aquatics Club (Edward T. Hall)

jpbadr

Just curious if anybody knows anything about this swim team. We are new to the area and are planning to put our daughter in a team. I have heard some negative things about this team from a few parents. Apparently the President of the club recently resigned and there's been a whole bunch of other incidents.

nobody really

I need a nap
Just curious if anybody knows anything about this swim team. We are new to the area and are planning to put our daughter in a team. I have heard some negative things about this team from a few parents. Apparently the President of the club recently resigned and there's been a whole bunch of other incidents.

Yes, so come to the forums where we speak nothing but the truth. We aim to clear up any rumors.

What negative things did you hear? What other incidents? :popcorn:

jpbadr

Yes, so come to the forums where we speak nothing but the truth. We aim to clear up any rumors.

What negative things did you hear? What other incidents? :popcorn:

Well the President resigned in a "huff" recently where she put out her resignation letter to the entire team (parents and all) including various details/problems outlined in that letter... I was told by a parent that the coach is hard on kids etc... I was also told that the club is somewhat "top heavy" or run by a tiny group of parents that make all the decisions. Parents do things behind people's back etc...

I don't know, I'm asking as a new resident of Calvert. Just searching for some after-school activities.

nobody really

I need a nap
I've been there for water aerobics classes, the place is clean.

don't know about the swim team. sorry. good luck, Calvert is a great place to live.

steppinthrax

My son is in CAC, if there was another swim team in Calvert he would be there instead :D. There's a long line of nasty parents and parents with personality issues that seem to be running the organization. Long term, I don't think the club is viable because they are running their swim club from the community pool. There have been complains by the community that CAC seems to "take over" the pool. They pay a very high lane rental fee as a result. If new councilmembers think otherwise, they would end up folding due to rules.

There's been a bitter history of parents fighting and leaving to other swim teams in a huff. If you work down in Pax River or somewhere in Annapolis I suggest you try there instead.

Edward T. Hall is a good facility.

Bonehead

There is also GMAC at the Great Mills Pool. I have seen their coaches in action, they seemed pretty laid back.

steppinthrax

Both are around an hour from Owings and Dunkirk. I've explored those options and if they were closer I would have gone to them instead.