Antifa Members Arrested for Refusing to Remove Masks

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
As usual, Antifa ran afoul of the police. In Georgia, it's illegal to wear a mask in public with a few exceptions. As this wasn't Halloween and they weren't part of a theatrical production, law enforcement told the protestors to remove them. Antifa, being Antifa, refused to comply.

As Huffington Post's Christopher Mathias reports, in an article sympathetic to Antifa's brand of fascism: "Police officers arrived before the rally began and approached a group of about 50 anti-fascist protesters. They demanded the protesters remove their masks or face arrest. The officers -- who wore bulletproof vests and helmets, and carried semi-automatic rifles -- cornered the anti-fascist protesters, then grabbed those who were still masked, tossing them to the ground and handcuffing them."

He continues: "The lead officer in the arrests said the counterprotesters were breaking a state law regarding masks, likely referring to a seldom-enforced 1951 law originally aimed at combating hooded Ku Klux Klan members."

In 1951, laws like that were on the books to combat the Klan, but local law enforcement tended to look the other way -- assuming they weren't under a mask themselves. Since that time, however, we haven't had a lot of people wearing masks while causing trouble. The law is seldom enforced because it's seldom broken.

But in this case, the law was broken. And Mathias, while defending Antifa, ironically missed that he reported Antifa had a criminal motive for wearing them: "Anti-fascist protesters -- many belonging to chapters of antifa groups, known for sometimes violently confronting white supremacists -- often wear masks to avoid being identified by both law enforcement and neo-Nazis."

:killingme

This_person

As usual, Antifa ran afoul of the police. In Georgia, it's illegal to wear a mask in public with a few exceptions. As this wasn't Halloween and they weren't part of a theatrical production, law enforcement told the protestors to remove them. Antifa, being Antifa, refused to comply.

As Huffington Post's Christopher Mathias reports, in an article sympathetic to Antifa's brand of fascism: "Police officers arrived before the rally began and approached a group of about 50 anti-fascist protesters. They demanded the protesters remove their masks or face arrest. The officers -- who wore bulletproof vests and helmets, and carried semi-automatic rifles -- cornered the anti-fascist protesters, then grabbed those who were still masked, tossing them to the ground and handcuffing them."

He continues: "The lead officer in the arrests said the counterprotesters were breaking a state law regarding masks, likely referring to a seldom-enforced 1951 law originally aimed at combating hooded Ku Klux Klan members."

In 1951, laws like that were on the books to combat the Klan, but local law enforcement tended to look the other way -- assuming they weren't under a mask themselves. Since that time, however, we haven't had a lot of people wearing masks while causing trouble. The law is seldom enforced because it's seldom broken.

But in this case, the law was broken. And Mathias, while defending Antifa, ironically missed that he reported Antifa had a criminal motive for wearing them: "Anti-fascist protesters -- many belonging to chapters of antifa groups, known for sometimes violently confronting white supremacists -- often wear masks to avoid being identified by both law enforcement and neo-Nazis."

:killingme

I'm actually with antifa on this. Bad law.

Toxick

Splat
I'm actually with antifa on this. Bad law.

I agree that it's a bad law.
But it is a law.

I don't think prostitution or dope should be illegal - but I still stay away from pot and hookers.

Actually I'd stay away from that even if it were legal... but that's beside the point.

Also - #### antifa.

Midnightrider

I agree that it's a bad law.
But it is a law.

I don't think prostitution or dope should be illegal - but I still stay away from pot and hookers.

Actually I'd stay away from that even if it were legal... but that's beside the point.

Also - #### antifa.
I have no issue with antifa when they are protesting against nazis. More power to them

Hijinx

I have no issue with antifa when they are protesting against nazis. More power to them

It';s a great law, and people wearing masks have been causing trouble.
Where does the author get this sh1t that they don't.
They caused trouble in Charlottesville, they caused trouble at the Inauguration and they have caused trouble everywhere Antifa goes.

If they are hiding their identity behind a mask, they came there to cause trouble.
Phuck 'em, lock 'em up. If they want to demonstrate do it in the open.

Midnightrider

It';s a great law, and people wearing masks have been causing trouble.
Where does the author get this sh1t that they don't.
They caused trouble in Charlottesville, they caused trouble at the Inauguration and they have caused trouble everywhere Antifa goes.

If they are hiding their identity behind a mask, they came there to cause trouble.
Phuck 'em, lock 'em up. If they want to demonstrate do it in the open.

Yep, demonstrating in masks is not legal, ill still choose antifa over nazis every time.

Hijinx

Yep, demonstrating in masks is not legal, ill still choose antifa over nazis every time.

It is illegal where they were arrested and IMO it should be illegal everywhere.
Of course you will choose Antifa. They are against Trump.
You are against Trump---Ipso facto.

Now if these folks were skinheads wearing hoodies and masks you would be screaming like a raped ape.
(no pun intended)

glhs837

Power with Control

So, choose, Nazis following the law and antifa breaking the law, and you choose antifa? And I dont mean punching nazi breaking the law, I mean burning cars, smashing windows, smacking non-nazis in the head with bike locks, you side with those #######s? See, you present this as if you must choose one. But no, you can hate nazis and still think antifa are a bunch of cowardly pricks. I'll do that. Antifa wants to minimize nazis? Laugh at them and make fun of them. If they attack, beat the crap out of them. Running around with a mask has been the high sign for "lets destroy as much crap as we can before the cops show" since before the so-called battle for seattle.

Midnightrider

So, choose, Nazis following the law and antifa breaking the law, and you choose antifa? And I dont mean punching nazi breaking the law, I mean burning cars, smashing windows, smacking non-nazis in the head with bike locks, you side with those #######s? See, you present this as if you must choose one. But no, you can hate nazis and still think antifa are a bunch of cowardly pricks. I'll do that. Antifa wants to minimize nazis? Laugh at them and make fun of them. If they attack, beat the crap out of them. Running around with a mask has been the high sign for "lets destroy as much crap as we can before the cops show" since before the so-called battle for seattle.

I choose neither unless it’s a one or the other. But I won’t choose the Nazis either way. It’s fun watching you guys choose the Nazis though

Hijinx

I choose neither unless it’s a one or the other. But I won’t choose the Nazis either way. It’s fun watching you guys choose the Nazis though

Naziphobia. You seem to enjoy calling anyone who doesn't agree with you a nazi.

Antifa are the real Nazi's wearing hoodies and masks and threatening violence.

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control

So, how would you handle a Nazi march through LP City here? Break the law? #######s not breaking the law are just that, not breaking the law. By not choosing to break the law and assault people also not breaking the law doesnt mean I am choosing them. I am choosing the rule of law, which is more important than throwing rocks at #######s. And not choosing the rule of mob law. You want to know how people get lynched? Mob rule, that's how. So, to put it your terms, it's not amusing to see you choose mob rule and lynchings. When the Nazis break the law, then you handle them lawfully.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
its ok for Anti-Fa to beat and assault people if they don't agree with them .... its the Fascist way

Midnightrider

So, how would you handle a Nazi march through LP City here? Break the law? #######s not breaking the law are just that, not breaking the law. By not choosing to break the law and assault people also not breaking the law doesnt mean I am choosing them. I am choosing the rule of law, which is more important than throwing rocks at #######s. And not choosing the rule of mob law. You want to know how people get lynched? Mob rule, that's how. So, to put it your terms, it's not amusing to see you choose mob rule and lynchings. When the Nazis break the law, then you handle them lawfully.
I wouldn’t choose to get involved, but I would stand by the people who were protesting against the Nazis.

If you have a bigger issue with a guy in a mask because he doesn’t want white supremecists to know who he is, than you have with neonazis burning a giant swastika in public, you are choosing the Nazis.

Like I said, it’s fun watching you guys defend Nazis and pretend people protesting against them are the real problem.

glhs837

Power with Control
I wouldn’t choose to get involved, but I would stand by the people who were protesting against the Nazis.

If you have a bigger issue with a guy in a mask because he doesn’t want white supremecists to know who he is, than you have with neonazis burning a giant swastika in public, you are choosing the Nazis.

Like I said, it’s fun watching you guys defend Nazis and pretend people protesting against them are the real problem.

I too stand with people peacefully protesting Nazis. But if you think that's why they are wearing masks, your are either stupid, or deliberatley being obtuse. They are using "dont want the nazis to know who I am" excuse, when it's easily demostrated that antifa has historically used masks to avoid being identified by police. That tactic goes back before they even gave a crap about Nazis, when it was all about the NWO and Bilderburg. No nazis at Trumps inauguration, yet masks everywhere. No Nazis at the various Trump rallies, yet people with masks smacking folks in the head with bike locks on chains.

So, I'm open to exmaples of people who haven't worn masks being attacked by Nazis after becuase the were identified during a protest. If you cant surface those, I'll keep beleiving that the masks are prepratory to engaging in illegal behavior, the argument that has actual facts behind it.