6-Year-Old Helps Mom Fight Off Attacker

Culpeper police searched Wednesday for a man who forced his way into a home and attempted to sexually assault a woman in front of her 6-year-old daughter, who came to her mother's aid.
The woman told police that the doorbell rang about 7 a.m. Wednesday after her husband had left for work. When she opened the door, a man pushed his way inside and grabbed her by the throat.

The woman said she struggled with the intruder but was pushed down on some furniture, according to Culpeper police Detective Troy Steele. The little girl then tried to help her mother, he said.

"The mother said the suspect slapped the 6-year-old and knocked her across the room," Steele said.

The assailant then allegedly continued his assault on the mother, but the child would not quit.

"Again the 6-year-old came to the rescue and this time the suspect throws her into a closet," Steele said.

While the suspect was dealing with the child, the mother frantically called 911, and officers were dispatched to the house.

josmom

That was a brave little girl, the sad part is that she had to be! Hopefully, she will be able to recover from this trama!

J

justhangn

Much kudos to the little girl. :yay: :yay:

IMHO

EVERYONE should take a martial arts class and learn to defend themselves..........a quick throw of your fingers in the attackers eyes would have given her and her daughter the chance to make their escape.

justhangn said:
Much kudos to the little girl. :yay: :yay:

IMHO

EVERYONE should take a martial arts class and learn to defend themselves..........a quick throw of your fingers in the attackers eyes would have given her and her daughter the chance to make their escape.
She lives in Virginia. IMHO She woulda been better off if she had be packin heat and knew how to use it, than knowing M.A.

J

justhangn

huntr1 said:
She lives in Virginia. IMHO She woulda been better off if she had be packin heat and knew how to use it, than knowing M.A.
I don't think she would have had her shoulder holster on at 7am. :shrug:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Although I am sorry it happened and am glad that they are okay, this is a perfect example as to why I do not open my door without checking the peephole to see who it is first.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
RoseRed said:
Although I am sorry it happened and am glad that they are okay, this is a perfect example as to why I do not open my door without checking the peephole to see who it is first.
Not to mention that the stool you stand on to look out the peephole would trip any would-be intruder. :biggrin:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Ken King said:
Not to mention that the stool you stand on to look out the peephole would trip any would-be intruder. :biggrin:
:roflmao: You are SO right! I can't reach it without a stool! :lmao: