Boycott on Friday

Hessian

http://www.sacbee.com/state_wire/story/10983988p-11901310c.html

Looks like Thousands of Gays are gonna stay home and withdraw 80.00 out of their accounts to demonstrate the horrible inequality they face on a daily basis.

I say good for them...I say more power to them...I say...stay home for a whole week! That will really teach us a lesson:
America will grind to a halt and beg them to return to their jobs & spending???OH?

I think there may be another lesson to be learned:
We DON'T NEED YOU. Good Riddance.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That's retarded. Why do people pull stupid stunts to make their opinons known? Why not just vote like I have to, since I'm a wife, mom and business owner and too boring to get a news story?

meme

The Smart Hooker
I could really careless what sexual preference someone has. But c'mon pulling a stupid stunt like that? Like Vrai said...it's retarded. What is the point? What difference will it make? In my opinion...absolutely none.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
If someone took off to boycott without getting permission to take leave, I'd hand them a "permanent leave" notice when they came back unless they had a valid doctor's excuse.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
meme said:
I could really careless what sexual preference someone has. But c'mon pulling a stupid stunt like that? Like Vrai said...it's retarded. What is the point? What difference will it make? In my opinion...absolutely none.
Right. It's just a pathetic, desperate need for attention. Like any protest of this type, it's carried out by activists who are completely out of touch with the people they claim to represent. My wife has a friend from high school who is gay, and this guy would call this the stupidest thing he's ever heard.

Last edited:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
vraiblonde said:
That's retarded. Why do people pull stupid stunts to make their opinons known? Why not just vote like I have to, since I'm a wife, mom and business owner and too boring to get a news story?

like you can't write one and post it on your site! :really:

I agree with you though; there is some group of wheel-chair bound folks who pick the busiest traffic day of the year to occupy two lanes in DC to "wheel for support" or whatever their objective is. :duh: Holding up my departure from the city to get home home is NOT the way to get an ounce of compassion or support from me. The city put sidewalks in for a reason. If they wanna use the streets now and be considered a "vehicle" like bikes are, I'll be sure to kick 'em to the curb when I'm walking on the sidewalks! :yay:

In my opinion, 99% of protests that I hear about do nothing but make participants look like azzes.

D

dems4me

crabcake said:
like you can't write one and post it on your site! :really:

I agree with you though; there is some group of wheel-chair bound folks who pick the busiest traffic day of the year to occupy two lanes in DC to "wheel for support" or whatever their objective is. :duh: Holding up my departure from the city to get home home is NOT the way to get an ounce of compassion or support from me. The city put sidewalks in for a reason. If they wanna use the streets now and be considered a "vehicle" like bikes are, I'll be sure to kick 'em to the curb when I'm walking on the sidewalks! :yay:

In my opinion, 99% of protests that I hear about do nothing but make participants look like azzes.

:yeahthat: I don't mind the protests but for the love of your fellow man -- do it on an effn' weekend. :cussing:

Pete

Repete
dems4me said:
:yeahthat: I don't mind the protests but for the love of your fellow man -- do it on an effn' weekend. :cussing:
I think "loving their fellow man" has something to do with their protest.

D

dems4me

Pete said:
I think "loving their fellow man" has something to do with their protest.

:lol: at least they arn't coming here to tie up traffic :shrug:

BuddyLee

Football addict
vraiblonde said:
Quoted from the movie 'Seven'

"Wanting people to listen, you can't just tap them on the shoulder anymore. You have to hit them with a sledgehammer, and then you'll notice you've got their strict attention."

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
BuddyLee said:
Quoted from the movie 'Seven'

"Wanting people to listen, you can't just tap them on the shoulder anymore. You have to hit them with a sledgehammer, and then you'll notice you've got their strict attention."
Back in a debate, or discussion concerning gay and lesbian causes, one or maybe a few of our members raised the question: "Well, how does their cause
affect your life, how does it harm you in any way?"

Well, I must say BuddyLee summed it up quite nicely with this quote. lf I have to be subjected to a proverbial "sledgehammer" in order for some group whom I do not choose to listen to, when they are infringing on my right, my choice not to get involved, then I have to step up and say they are doing me and you a disservice.

In other words, they are ramming it down your throat, whether you like it or not. If a protest ties up traffic for hours, preventing you from returning to your home, your children, your responsiblities, a commitment, etc., well that's just too bad, because..................................(fill in the blank).

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Penn said:
Back in a debate, or discussion concerning gay and lesbian causes, one or maybe a few of our members raised the question: "Well, how does their cause
affect your life, how does it harm you in any way?"

Well, I must say BuddyLee summed it up quite nicely with this quote. lf I have to be subjected to a proverbial "sledgehammer" in order for some group whom I do not choose to listen to, when they are infringing on my right, my choice not to get involved, then I have to step up and say they are doing me and you a disservice.

In other words, they are ramming it down your throat, whether you like it or not. If a protest ties up traffic for hours, preventing you from returning to your home, your children, your responsiblities, a commitment, etc., well that's just too bad, because..................................(fill in the blank).
I can't speak for Buddy, but I don't think he was talking about ALL gays and lesbians, just the activists. I detest that type of protest either, but homosexuality has nothing to do with it. Every cause has its activists who scream for attention and subject people to the proverbial sledgehammer. The actual cause is irrelevant. It's a personality issue, not a politics issue. It's all about the activists' need to say, "Look at me! Look at me!"