A kerry supporter ...

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Kyle, Sharon, and I encountered a Kerry supporter Saturday night. :lmao: I have not met all Kerry supporters or Democrats, but I suspect that many of them are just like this guy.

We have smalltown that engages in discussion of the issues at times and we have urbanpancake and some others that just parrot the party sound bites, but this guy takes the cake for being intellectually challenged. He said if Bush wins our property taxes would go up. I tried to explain to him that the Federal government had nothing to do with the property taxes, but he kept insisting. Then he said that our car insurance would go up because the government had to pay for the war in Iraq. I tried to tell him that that was private industry and was not controlled by the feds; he still raved on. Then it was the cost of food, housing, and gas. When he got to gas, we exclaimed, "That is the only one you have gotten right." The feds do tax gas. Then he tried to pin the tax directly on Bush. We tried to explain that Bush does not set the tax rates, the Congress does, but he was not buying that either despite the fact that it is the truth. I finally got so fed up I lost all semblance of civility and told him straight to his face that his arguments were pure stupidity. He didn't challenge me on that. :killingme

He wound up being the topic of discussion and amusement for all who heard the commotion; even those that were not in "our little group".

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
2ndAmendment said:
Kyle, Sharon, and I encountered a Kerry supporter Saturday night. :lmao: I have not met all Kerry supporters or Democrats, but I suspect that many of them are just like this guy.

We have smalltown that engages in discussion of the issues at times and we have urbanpancake and some others that just parrot the party sound bites, but this guy takes the cake for being intellectually challenged. He said if Bush wins our property taxes would go up. I tried to explain to him that the Federal government had nothing to do with the property taxes, but he kept insisting. Then he said that our car insurance would go up because the government had to pay for the war in Iraq. I tried to tell him that that was private industry and was not controlled by the feds; he still raved on. Then it was the cost of food, housing, and gas. When he got to gas, we exclaimed, "That is the only one you have gotten right." The feds do tax gas. Then he tried to pin the tax directly on Bush. We tried to explain that Bush does not set the tax rates, the Congress does, but he was not buying that either despite the fact that it is the truth. I finally got so fed up I lost all semblance of civility and told him straight to his face that his arguments were pure stupidity. He didn't challenge me on that. :killingme

He wound up being the topic of discussion and amusement for all who heard the commotion; even those that were not in "our little group".

Damnit! I should have come back Saturday.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You guys have all the fun. The guy Larry and I sat next to at Hard Times tonight has a son on the way to Baghdad. The kid is Airborne and the guy let me hold his son's medallion.

PS, they're both voting for Bush.

SmallTown

Football season!
2ndAmendment said:

What made ya start talking to him in the first place?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
SmallTown said:
What made ya start talking to him in the first place?

He came over and said something (asked a question) while the three of us were already engaged in conversation.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
FromTexas said:
Damnit! I should have come back Saturday.
You didn't miss much.... There are plenty of dumicrats just like him here on the board. Seem to be two or three new ones too, or at least new MPDs.

mainman

Set Trippin
2ndAmendment said:
Then it was the cost of food, housing, and gas.
No wonder the WaWa just announced that :coffee: will be increased by about 8 cents a cup...:burning: They must be preparing for W's victory...

:roflmao:

Spoiled

Yes, all democrats are just like him... They are a breed that is unique to the left, there are no morons on the right, people on the right alwaysk now what they are talking about.

[/sarcasm]

:shutup: :blahblah: :diva:

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Spoiled said:
Yes, all democrats are just like him... They are a breed that is unique to the left, there are no morons on the right, people on the right alwaysk now what they are talking about.

[/sarcasm]

You are right that all democrats aren't morons. However, don't count yourself among the "aren't" variety.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Spoiled said:

[/sarcasm]

Do you read the entire post or do you just immediately take offense? Hello. Did you read this?
I have not met all Kerry supporters or Democrats, but I suspect that many of them are just like this guy.

Many does not mean all and suspect does not mean know. Got it?

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Forgot to post another thing this guy said. With violence and theft now being perpetrated against the Bush campaign, this is relevant. He also said that if Kerry didn't win there would be cars turned over from coast to coast. I retorted (I hope it does not come to this) that it would be the beginning of the next civil war.

K

Kizzy

mainman said:
No wonder the WaWa just announced that :coffee: will be increased by about 8 cents a cup...:burning: They must be preparing for W's victory...

:roflmao:

I saw the sign the other day. Those bastages. :mad:

:confused: This guy sounded like he might have been drunk.

Spoiled

2ndAmendment said:
Forgot to post another thing this guy said. With violence and theft now being perpetrated against the Bush campaign, this is relevant. He also said that if Kerry didn't win there would be cars turned over from coast to coast. I retorted (I hope it does not come to this) that it would be the beginning of the next civil war.
I doubt it will be a close race, its going to be a big win regardless of who wins, but if it is close then i can see the opposing side will express severe displeasure. It can come in many forms, but if its like annother florida or what ever i can see reforms...

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Spoiled said:
I doubt it will be a close race, its going to be a big win regardless of who wins, but if it is close then i can see the opposing side will express severe displeasure. It can come in many forms, but if its like annother florida or what ever i can see reforms...
This guy didn't say anything about reforms. He was talking riots. I think many people are fed up with tantrum throwing little people and will not put up with it.

Not that I think it will happen in my neighborhood, but no one better try anything like a riot that does damage to our property or causes harm to our family. We will protect ourselves.

BuddyLee

Football addict
2ndAmendment said:
Not that I think it will happen in my neighborhood, but no one better try anything like a riot that does damage to our property or causes harm to our family. We will protect ourselves.
Do the kids know to hop over the laser trip wire for Halloween? :lol:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
2ndAmendment said:
He said if Bush wins our property taxes would go up. I tried to explain to him that the Federal government had nothing to do with the property taxes, but he kept insisting.
To play devil's advocate, maybe he was thinking that Bush would cut aid to local governments, which would then raise property taxes to maintain their spending levels.

But I've seen that done under both Democratic and Republican presidents, so I don't think Bush can be blamed for that.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Tonio said:
To play devil's advocate, maybe he was thinking that Bush would cut aid to local governments, which would then raise property taxes to maintain their spending levels.

But I've seen that done under both Democratic and Republican presidents, so I don't think Bush can be blamed for that.
Let me assure you that this guy could not have reasoned that deeply. And they let people like him vote instead of exterminating them to elevate the gene pool. (I'm kidding you PC people)