A modest Proposal

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Does anyone doubt that Maryland's electoral votes will go to Kerry? Really?

I know that there are many very conservative people here, and I count myself in that group. But do you really think that our voting for W will help that much? The big Democrat machines in PG and Montgomery Counties have already signed up thousands of new voters, some of which even have real addresses and not just public parks (a la Florida).

So here's my proposal: All the Republicans switch their votes to Nader! Think about it! Our polls close early. The results are in before the folks out west are done voting. If we all vote for Nader, the libs out west may too and that might pull votes away from Kerry. This half-cracked idea might work. j/k :whistle:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Wash Post...

Nov 4, 2004

In a stunning result, John Kerry wins the Presidency, noy by Florida, not by Pennsylvania or Ohio but by Maryland and it's 10 electoral votes. Ex President Bush brought out record numbers in the state and seemed poised to do as Gov. Ehrlich (R) had done and pull off a win in the heavily registered Democrat state. The difference seems to be an unusually large and unexpected number of Nader votes in some traditionally more conservative counties, especially in the tri-county area of Charles, Calvert and St. Mary's counties.

Final tallies are as follows:

Kerry: 1,000,001
Bush: 999,999
Nader: 1 each in Calvert, St. Mary's and Charles Counties.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
tlatchaw said:
Does anyone doubt that Maryland's electoral votes will go to Kerry? Really?
Not a doubt in the world that MD will give it's electoral votes to Kerry. Don't think either Kerry or Bush think there's much doubt either, that's why they're not campaining here.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Larry Gude said:
Nov 4, 2004

In a stunning result, John Kerry wins the Presidency, noy by Florida, not by Pennsylvania or Ohio but by Maryland and it's 10 electoral votes. Ex President Bush brought out record numbers in the state and seemed poised to do as Gov. Ehrlich (R) had done and pull off a win in the heavily registered Democrat state. The difference seems to be an unusually large and unexpected number of Nader votes in some traditionally more conservative counties, especially in the tri-county area of Charles, Calvert and St. Mary's counties.

Final tallies are as follows:

Kerry: 1,000,001
Bush: 999,999
Nader: 1 each in Calvert, St. Mary's and Charles Counties.
I would like to vote for Michael A. Peroutka, the Constitution Party candidate, but I would not want Kerry to win in Maryland by one vote, so I am "holding my nose" and voting for Bush.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
2ndAmendment said:
I am "holding my nose" and voting for Bush.

Ditto :bubble:

Another thing that sKerry fan we encountered over the weekend asked:

Who's the best man for Prez, Kerry or Bush? Almost in triplicate 2A, Kyle, and I said..."The best man isn't running." :roflmao:

Spoiled

aparently fredrick is slightly more reblican, or so someone said at college democrats... i dont remember the exact numbers... im assumingi t went by who is registered for which party, the number that votes is different, unfortunatly...