Nobel laureate calls for steeper tax cuts in US

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Easy...

"He is a racist. Homophobe. White male NOT of the Democratic Party. Dittohead. Parks in handicap spaces. Tears tags off of pillows and mattresses. Eats red meat. Was allowed to play 'Cowboys and Indians' as a child and has NOT yet apologized to Native Americans for it..."

See?

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I think any tax cut should focus on wages. It seems like Bush's tax cuts were focused too heavily on investments. Cutting taxes on wages benefits the economy as a whole as well as the individual taxpayers.

Of course, my idea would be to chuck the entire income tax code and institute a national sales tax. Second choice would be a flat tax with no deductions except the personal deduction.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tonio said:
I think any tax cut should focus on wages.
The tax cuts must have been on wages because after I downloaded my QB update and did payroll, I had to double check because there was, like, $100 more in each paycheck. :yay:

Of course that $100 went promptly to the dance teacher and the voice teacher but that's what the cuts were meant for - to be spread around.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
vraiblonde said:
The tax cuts must have been on wages because after I downloaded my QB update and did payroll, I had to double check because there was, like, $100 more in each paycheck. :yay:
Just how much do you make? My take-home only went up by $5.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Larry Gude said:
"He is a racist. Homophobe. White male NOT of the Democratic Party. Dittohead. Parks in handicap spaces. Tears tags off of pillows and mattresses. Eats red meat. Was allowed to play 'Cowboys and Indians' as a child and has NOT yet apologized to Native Americans for it..."

See?
Not on topic, but Sharon and I were lamenting that there were no toy guns in Wal*Mart. You can buy the real thing but not a toy. The PC folks have gotten to them. I liked plying 'cowboys and indians' and 'soldier' when I was a kid.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tonio said:
Just how much do you make? My take-home only went up by $5.
Maybe you have different deductions than me. It may not have been $100 (I'll check and make sure) but it was enough that I noticed that ALL paychecks were increased and I double checked to make sure I had everyone's hours correct.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And here I thought I kept winning...

It may not have been $100 (I'll check and make sure)

...boss of the month for my personality. JEEZ WOMAN. I said 'bread and water'. Period. If you spoil 'em... :boxing: