Videographer/Cake Maker

jeneisen

Indy Bound
I am looking for a decent Videographer for my wedding and I wanted to know if anyone could recommend someone or warn me about who not to use.

I am also looking for a person to do my wedding cake but they must be certified throught the board of health. The place I am getting married requires it so they can't be someone who does it at home on the side. Can anyone recommend someone for that?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Wedding Cakes

I've used Jeneva before and her cakes are great and she's nice to deal with. She's located in Dunkirk (Calvert) but she delivers. Used her for daughter's wedding and now my son is using her for his wedding.

http://www.jeneva.com/

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Try Nancy at the Sugar Shack. Her cakes are great and the prices won't send you to the bank.

www.somd.com/mp/sugarshack

They also do Tux rentals, candy bouquets, wedding gown preservation and can hook you up with a Limo.

301-862-7727

Last edited:

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Chuckster,
I came in there for a quote and she told me that they were moving b/c business was bad, which scares me b/c my wedding is in August and if she goes belly up I will have to take a big risk. She moved into Millison which isn't much better so I am a little apprehensible about that. I think if I don't find closer to the wedding then I will reconsider if she is still open, but she told me herself she isn't sure if she will make it or not.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Well we are getting our cake from Wildewood Bakery. They are not strapping our wallets nor are they bad. They are also certified by the board of health.

You can check into that if you like. :smile:

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Originally posted by jeneisen
Chuckster,
I came in there for a quote and she told me that they were moving b/c business was bad, which scares me b/c my wedding is in August and if she goes belly up I will have to take a big risk. She moved into Millison which isn't much better so I am a little apprehensible about that. I think if I don't find closer to the wedding then I will reconsider if she is still open, but she told me herself she isn't sure if she will make it or not.

Business is going great for Nancy since she moved her location. She has done quite a few wedding cakes for The Tavern, Holiday Inn etc. She is now the reccomended cake maker for the new conference center and from what I heard the Tavern.
Her first location wasn't that great but now things are looking up.
Also keep in mind that all the retirement, Change of Command, promotion,and reenlistment cakes that you see on the base come from the Sugar Shack.

BTW any commercial bakery is cerified by the Board Of Health. The people that do this from their homes most of the time are not.

Jameo

What?!
SugarShack all the way! We get cakes from there all the time and they are the best! Oh and her Strawberry Short cake :yum: :yum: The special occasion cakes are to pretty to eat sometimes!

:cheers:

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Oh I am not saying Sugar Shack is bad in any way. I think their cakes are great, but she did scare me when I went in there. Like I said, its still a little early to book for my wedding in Aug so I will look again around March and if things are going well for her then most likely she is who I would use (as long as she can make the cake I want).

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
We've dealt with Wildewood Bakery and they are Great! I think they make fantastic pastries and cakes... Although I've never tasted any wedding cake they've made.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
I'm using www.yourmostperfectday.com for my wedding video and pictures. Check 'em out.

I have no recommendations for a cake maker, though, I'm meeting with someone on Sunday but they're not an official baker or anything.

Last edited:

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Please be careful.....

Originally posted by laureng

I have no recommendations for a cake maker, though, I'm meeting with someone on Sunday but they're not an official baker or anything.

Make sure that if they are baking the cake at home they are Board of Health certified. People who purchase a cake from a home baker run the risk of having problems. Who do you think would get sued if, God forbid, people got sick from the cake.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Not sure if she is or not, Chuckster. I'll be sure to ask on Sunday when I go. She was recommended by my decorator, but I neglected to ask that question.

yakky doodle

just one more reason ...

to run away and get hitched privately in the caribbean in a small intimate ceremony without all the hoopla. I wish you girls well; really, I do! But I think I'd rather suck on a gun barrell that go through all the headaches I hear you talk about in prep'ing for a wedding (deejay, cake baker, photographer, someone to marry you, etc.) A big wedding would be great, but for me to finish the event off with an ounce of sanity left, I'd require a wedding coordinator for sure! :crazy: