Migraine Help

watercolor

yeah yeah
In the last stages of my horrific migraine.

I have been given the idea of freezing it out...but frostbite seems a little to liable there. Other than that method, anymore out there?

I tried my Zomig and it kicked the numbness and my "stopping breathing" problem...but now I have the pain. Not as bad as before, so the computer screen is ok now.

Just wondering. :smile:

See everyone on Sunday!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
WC, what they told me is to not let the migraine get started in the first place. The very instant you feel the tingling or the disorientation, take your medicine. It's much easier to prevent the migraine than to alleviate it once it gets hold of you.

Mine can usually be averted if I take my meds as soon as my cheek or fingers starts to tingle. If I wait until it travels, I'm incapacitated for at least a day.

SxyPrincess

WC,

Ken gave me some excellent advice once about headaches. He told me to relax, and move my shoulders in a circular motion for a few minutes. It eases the tension and provides relaxation.

Also, you might want to try a quick walk to get some fresh air. I know I often get headaches staring at a computer screen all day and the minute I feel some tension, I get up and walk outside, to the vending machine, or just up and down the stairs once.
:biggrin:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Depending on the root cause of the headache another helpful cure (for sinus related ailments) is to get a lightweight towel and soak it in the hottest water you can stand, wring it out, and then pull it tightly against and around the back of your neck. This will cause your head to lay back and if your sinuses are the culprit they will drain in a few minutes and relief will follow. Sometimes I repeat this several times and follow it with the shoulder rolls. Hope it helps.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
WC,

Ken gave me some excellent advice once about headaches. He told me to relax, and move my shoulders in a circular motion for a few minutes. It eases the tension and provides relaxation.

Also, you might want to try a quick walk to get some fresh air. I know I often get headaches staring at a computer screen all day and the minute I feel some tension, I get up and walk outside, to the vending machine, or just up and down the stairs once.

unfortunatly...I cant do that when these start to come on. Cause I go numb down one side of my body, and cant walk or move. Its like I have become paralysed

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That's because you have true migraine syndrome - not just tension or sinus headaches. Take the med as soon as you feel the first tingle - it should help ward off the worst of it.

The first time I ever had one I thought I was having a stroke. The whole right side of my body went numb - you know how your face feels when the dentist gives you novocaine? Like that but the whole side of my body. I couldn't move my arm, couldn't walk, couldn't see. Scared the hell out of me.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Yea the first time I ever had one (which was in the 5th grade) they thought I had a stroke. My left side of my face was all droopy like I had novacaine. And all sorts of other things. UGH! It is horrible.

My tounge and everything goes numb and I feel like I will swallow it. UGH!

Like I was telling you...yesterday I stopped breathing twice. They say I do that because my body goes numb and then it becomes so whacked and relaxed that its almost like it forgets to breathe. I have only stopped for like 2 minutes at a time.

Your right...its scarey as hell.

bknarw

Attire Monitor
WC,

he told me to relax, and move my shoulders in a circular motion for a few minutes.

Will you demonstrate this personally for us on Sunday?

K

Kain99

Migraine Info

My daughter has migraines... Your symptoms remind me of her's. Dr. Nandipati put her on Inderal 8 months ago and she has not had a headache since. She takes the medicine everyday.. I hope this helps a little.

SxyPrincess

WC,

You may want to try purchasing some magnesium. I believe you can get it OTC at any Rite Aid, CVS, grocery store...etc. I think it may take a few days, if not weeks to fully enter your system but if you continually use it, your headaches should weaken if not disappear.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
BK, no offense but if you don't have anything to contribute to the conversation and all you know how to do is make childish sexual references, stay the hell out of the serious threads.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Well, Vraiblonde, what he says makes sense, at least for the men. When I have had killer headaches getting a little something usually makes them go away. I've tried to get Susan to experiment with the concept for her headaches but she won't even give it a try.

SxyPrincess

Originally posted by Ken King
Well, Vraiblonde, what he says makes sense, at least for the men. When I have had killer headaches getting a little something usually makes them go away.

An ex of mine started to get headaches right after ejaculation. Not slight, but severe headaches to the point where he was in tears. We dated for almost 3 years before the headaches started and they only lasted about a month. He had several x-rays and CT scans but nothing negative or abnormal came up. Weird huh?

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by vraiblonde
BK, no offense but if you don't have anything to contribute to the conversation and all you know how to do is make childish sexual references, stay the hell out of the serious threads.

Vrai. You are totally and completely off-base.
Before she posted this, I talked to WC on the phone for an HOUR trying to help her with her migraine. I was the one who suggested the freezing method. I suffer from migraines occasionally too and when you don't have the proper medication you can actually "freeze" it out by icing down the back of your head. It hurts, as I told WC, for about 15 minutes, but can actually help. She and I have talked more about migraines, and I have tried to offer her more positive help in this regard than you or anyone could ever do on this forum.
In addition, she posted about her migraine trouble on Friday. This is Tuesday.
Next time you decide to launch into me, try knowing the background and other factors involved before you go off half-cocked.
I know you're under pressure to tone down my "innuendos", but all too often you listen to the wrong people.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Alright Alright!

Yes, BK you did talk to me over and hour about this. And I totally thank you for it :kiss: I have heard that through "getting some", it sometimes may help also Ken. But I am so in-mobile when I get these, I would be dead the entire time. True migraines you are down and there is notta you can do. Regarless if it will work or not.

I dont think that his post was inappropriate. Everyone on this board seems to make snickers and pops in all conversations. Look at the abortion thread in the news secton. Cari, Bch, Sxy,me,etc. started making pops in there. All and all, if you have been on these boards long enough, you just know that it happens and ignore it. Everyone does it. Gets a little annoying..but eh...who cares. Life is to short to whine and spit over the little things ...right? So that being said, its done. No more fighting. And especially on my thread. :razz: I totally understand the reasoning behind it. And I also understand the humor behind it. Slates are clear, and the stress level is restored to el normal!

Oh and Vrai....just thought I would let you know. I found out something new for migraines. I will talk to you about them later.

watercolor

yeah yeah

An ex of mine started to get headaches right after ejaculation. Not slight, but severe headaches to the point where he was in tears. We dated for almost 3 years before the headaches started and they only lasted about a month. He had several x-rays and CT scans but nothing negative or abnormal came up. Weird huh?

Actually they have linked that if you hold your breath whem you do have ejaculation happening..that it closes off the oxygen link (obviously) and has all blood vessels to constrict so quickly and throws them in to a trauma state, and it takes a while for them to "come outta it" which causes severe headaches that can turn into potential migraines. I was asked the question by my doctor, if I only got them around the time of orgasms and or such. He said that could be a contributing factor. (since I dont have sex yet though, it does not have justification)

But they actually think that my migraines are hormonal (lucky me) or at least that is what the concluded when I was in the 5th grade. But then they started to lessen as I got older. Did not have one since last october, and ended up getting one last thursday.

bknarw

Attire Monitor
No, there's more to this.
Vrai doesn't know that you and I are friends, but because Cariblue complained that I make too many sexual innuendos, Vrai is going to cater solely to her with her drive-by flaming today.
She doesn't know the background of interaction between you and I and she thinks I was making light of your condition.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by bknarw
No, there's more to this.
Vrai doesn't know that you and I are friends, but because Cariblue complained that I make too many sexual innuendos, Vrai is going to cater solely to her with her drive-by flaming today.
She doesn't know the background of interaction between you and I and she thinks I was making light of your condition.

Did I say that out loud?? :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: