Just need to vent

K

KBlues

I want to give a big hearty :biteme: to the lady who held up the line at CVS in Dunkirk last night. She bought one small bag of candy. Her total came to $1.04. She said "Well, I don't want to use all my cash, so I'll write you a check." Yes, she wrote a check, taking her sweet ol' time, for 1 dollar and 4 cents. And, it was an out of state check. And, she didn't have her drivers license. I thought maybe I was on a hidden camera show, and I was waiting for someone to pop out and yell, "GOTCHA!" but no such luck. After ten minutes of her arguing with the clerk, telling him her check was good, etc., the person standing in line behind her gave her 2 dollars to pay for the candy. At first she wouldn't take it, saying she couldn't take money from a stranger, but finally relented and paid for the small bag of candy.

AARRGGHHH! OK, thanks for letting me vent.

J

justhangn

WHAT TOOK YOU ALL SO LONG TO BUY HER CANDY?? :lol:

Don't you just want to smack the Depends out of people like that?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
And a fine scam that is!

I've seen a person work this one twice in the local grocery store.

Sorry I'd just tell her do without and get out of the way.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
I never show it, but usually it bothers me when ANYONE writes a check for under ten bucks, and I've seen people write them for under a DOLLAR. Many times I've seen three or four people in front of me in line, and all of their checks didn't add up to twenty bucks combined. That's just crazy.

SmallTown

Football season!
I'll pick on the women for a sec here.. The ones that really get me are the ones who are by nature slow.. They take forever getting their stuff from the cart to the cashier.. Then when they get the total for the order, they look surpised that the clerk expects her to pay. She THEN begins to flip through her overly stocked purse to find the checkbook.. Then again to find a pen.. While you are standing there watching the person scan the items (I know this is VERY exciting, but get over it) take this time to find the checkbook and begin filling it out.. You know, SOME of the items CAN be filled out before the order is done such as DATE and STORE.. Arghh.. Some people.. They have NO clue that ANYONE even exists in the world besides them..

Then of course you have the cool guys who want to pay for a $120 order with cash.. Mostly one dollar bills.. ugh!

Visa Check cards.. what a great creation!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That's a riot because I'm just the opposite. I don't like anyone going too fast because then I don't have time to read the magazines at the checkout!
:lmao:

K

KBlues

I couldn't agree more SmallTown. But, don't forget when you're in a grocery store and after the cashier rings everything up, the customer decides that it's too much. So, she has to go through the bags to pick out things she really doesn't need to buy. Or, she forgot she had coupons, so she has to dig through her purse to find the coupons that expired three months ago. Or, she forgot to get something so she asks the cashier to run and get it for her.

When I go to a store, I get my stuff, pay for it and leave. But that seems way too difficult for some people. :confused:

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Well I never carry any cash so I am the one in the store who uses my check card for everything. When I have cash I blow it. I can relate to those who never have cash but I think everyone should use the check card if you have it. It works just like a check and its guarenteed not to bounce. I feel your frustration!!!

watercolor

yeah yeah
Ommm hello!?!? :confused: What the heck. Why waste a check on a $1.04? Some people never cease to amaze me. It is so ridiculous. Some just seem to think that they are the only ones in the world when it comes to buying things.

And you would think when writing a check, oyu would have id...any check writer knows better?? DUH!!!!!!

ok. Sorry you had to go thorugh this KBlues....I feel your pain.