Halloween plans?

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Just wondering what big halloween things happen around here in Southern Maryland and also the DC Metro area.

I'm looking for something where costumes are mandatory, and lots of 20something people gather. Maybe there are some popular halloween nightspots in DC?

Any tips would be welcome :)

watercolor

yeah yeah
I know...would that not be great. I was thinking that someone on here should have a costume party. But I dont know who would. :smile:

J

justhangn

IF the pattern holds for sniperboy, the night should be shot free.

Only time will tell.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by watercolor23
meaning what?....is there some sort of lead?

Looking at the last week or so, he has struck only on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, with the exception of October 3rd.

Just an observation.

Oh yea, he also takes the weekends off too!!

:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

watercolor

yeah yeah
Yea I know he takes the weekends off. I was just wondering if there was something else going on. Since I am at work, with no radio. Poor me here my violin a-playing :wah:

J

justhangn

Yea I know he takes the weekends off. I was just wondering if there was something else going on. Since I am at work, with no radio. Poor me here my violin a-playing :wah:

I'm at work, radio free as well, but boy do I hit the news sites. :lol:

bknarw

Attire Monitor
I know...would that not be great. I was thinking that someone on here should have a costume party. But I dont know who would. :smile:

I'd be glad to do it if I didn't HATE Halloween!!!
:barf:

watercolor

yeah yeah
It would be to cold down at the cottage anyway...for some of those who we know would have those sultry costumes on :wink:

so why do you not like halloween...I cant bring ya some candy...."Come here little boy, I will promise you some candy....."

bknarw

Attire Monitor
It would be to cold down at the cottage anyway...for some of those who we know would have those sultry costumes on :wink:

so why do you not like halloween...I cant bring ya some candy...."Come here little boy, I will promise you some candy....."

Now...THAT'S another story!!!
:biggrin:

Two main reasons I hate Halloween:

1) People that have REALLY good costumes. Ones that are so good you can't tell who they are. They stand in a corner and won't even talk to you. I HATE THAT!

2) Guys who dress up in drag and enjoy it just a LITTLE too much. Their weird underlying fetishes come out of the woodwork and I HATE THAT!

Other, more minor reasons:

1) The only part of candy corn I like is the very tip (the white part).
2) Can't stand Apple Cider
3) Bobbing for Apples is ridiculous, and a sure way to start November with a sinus infection.
4) Costumes are usually hot, and get in the way of my valuable drinking time.
5) Rugrats who don't even know what "trick or treat" means, yet still coming to my door to try to extort candy from me.

One good thing in Halloween's favor:

1) Women have a tendency to enjoy the whole "I"m not really me tonight" thing, and they can tend to be a bit more open with their behavior.

A good prank to play the night before Halloween:

Go to the grocery store and buy one box of razor blades and one bag of apples. Take them to the checkout line and watch everyone's reaction.

Halloween....HUMBUG!
:burning:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by bknarw

A good prank to play the night before Halloween:

Go to the grocery store and buy one box of razor blades and one bag of apples. Take them to the checkout line and watch everyone's reaction.

Halloween....HUMBUG!
:burning:

I always liked the "Exlax and brownie mix" myself.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by justhangn

Now how entertaining would that be if the party were held at your house?

:lmao:

Break out the Rug Doctor!!!

J

justhangn

Originally posted by Kyle
Now how entertaining would that be if the party were held at your house?

:lmao:

Break out the Rug Doctor!!!

Hence why I don't entertain. :smile:

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by justhangn

I don't actually DO it, I just think it'd be funny to buy the ingredients and see how people react.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by bknarw

I don't actually DO it, I just think it'd be funny to buy the ingredients and see how people react.

Understood, neither would I, but the looks would be too funny.

It would be kind of light asking the guy filling your 20 lb propane cylinder if he needs a light and pull out a lighter. :lol:

**My ears are burning for some reason....**

S

ShellyCW

A co-worker told me about some giant party in Georgetown every Halloween, called something like "Freak Night." He said it's like a smaller version of Mardi Gras. :cheers:
I don't know any details, but someone else here might.

For those of you who are dressing up: What are you going to dress as?