Let the Butt Kissing Begin!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I wonder if this would qualify as one of those "global tests" that Kerry was harping on?

Maybe they (the other nations and global bodies) will now realize that the majority of Americans, that were eligible and chose to vote, have said that Iraq was a threat and we will do what is necessary to remove such threats. The remaining portion of the message, in case you are wondering, is this, “you can either help or you can stay out of the way, it makes no difference to us”.

Steve

Enjoying life!
Ken King said:
I wonder if this would qualify as one of those "global tests" that Kerry was harping on?

Maybe they (the other nations and global bodies) will now realize that the majority of Americans, that were eligible and chose to vote, have said that Iraq was a threat and we will do what is necessary to remove such threats. The remaining portion of the message, in case you are wondering, is this, “you can either help or you can stay out of the way, it makes no difference to us”.

The thing to remember is that our election is the most followed around the world. Now they know they have Bush for four more years. You're going to see some serious "line-towing" over the next year. Has France chimed in yet? No doubt they'll be one of our 'newest' allies...

B

Bruzilla

"Mr. President, Iran is on line 1, and North Korea is on line 2."

SmallTown

Football season!
Ken King said:
Maybe they (the other nations and global bodies) will now realize that the majority of Americans, that were eligible and chose to vote, have said that Iraq was a threat and we will do what is necessary to remove such threats.
Don't know how you came up with that one. We know my opinion on the Iraq war, but I still voted for Bush. This election went much deeper than just Iraq, and comments such as yours only adds fuel to the fire that the republicans' only concern is Iraq.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
St...

This election went much deeper than just Iraq

Only you know what was important to you in this election but one simple fact is obvious or should be; the world saw us as scizophrenic over Iraq.

There is no doubt Al queda has been politicing the issue, from Spain to Australia, and Zarqawi and Co. have been doing the same with their demands and beheadings.

Osama's little cameo has been compared to Michael Moores work and the Kerry campaign almost verbatim.

I will submit to you that bad guys in Iraq and around the globe, facing a unified US, don't like their own chances as much today as they did yesterday or if Kerry had won; not because of doubts about kerry's ability to do the job, just doubts about US resolve.

Steve

Enjoying life!
Larry Gude said:
Only you know what was important to you in this election but one simple fact is obvious or should be; the world saw us as scizophrenic over Iraq. QUOTE]

We were not schizophrenic; the media portrayed us as being so. The election is done, the results are in. Seems schizophrenia will now be cured? Hmmm? Yet one more reason to be happy to be an American. This Bush term, we will not be caught by surprise, like last time. Things need to be fixed still, but a clear message has been sent in vouchsafing another Bush term, with Giuliani on his heels: America will not allow chaos to run this world. We have never backed down, and we still won't.