To Fill The Vacuum...

Steve

Enjoying life!
Since the demise of Senator Tom Daschle as Senate Minority Leader, the DNC is seeking a new candidate for the position, that can lead the Party to victory, not only during the next four years, but in the 2008 elections. The clear leader must be, can only be.....Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton. YUK YUK YUK

Steve

Enjoying life!
rraley said:
Looks like Harry Reid of Nevada and Chris Dodd of Connecticut will duke it out.

Well, both are less ascerbic than Daschle, so I hope for the best for both. You got a preference? Hopefully one will be more sane than the other.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Steve said:
Since the demise of Senator Tom Daschle as Senate Minority Leader, the DNC is seeking a new candidate for the position, that can lead the Party to victory, not only during the next four years, but in the 2008 elections. The clear leader must be, can only be.....Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton. YUK YUK YUK

They won't break tradition. Seniorty plays a big part in that.

rraley

Steve said:
Well, both are less ascerbic than Daschle, so I hope for the best for both. You got a preference? Hopefully one will be more sane than the other.

I'd rather have Reid...I'm sick of New England's influence in my party.

Steve

Enjoying life!
FromTexas said:
They won't break tradition. Seniorty plays a big part in that.

I would expect a senior ranking Democrat to take the position. Too bad that the seniority keeps getting shorter and shorter. :killingme

Steve

Enjoying life!
rraley said:

I agree. The time for New England to lead the Dems is gone. There are plenty of others from elsewhere that can do the job better, without the "shuck & jive" routine. Rich WASPs accusing other rich WASPs, to win the White House? Enough is enough. Harvard, Yale, Yale, Harvard. Enough is enough!!

It is not that I am against the Democratic Party per se, but I am against whom the Democratic Party chooses for it's candidates. If Kennedy were running this year, he'd have my vote. What happened to the champion underdogs? The Roosevelts, the Kennedys (when that name meant something!)

The Dem Party is out of touch today, and lives on the legacy of it's greats, and Clinton was not one of them, nor Carter. You guys really are lacking for a champion once again.

But at least those that want to work to succeed have four more years to try.

willie

rraley said:
These pockets of dense population produce some out of touch people.