china king buffet

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
:barf:

went there for lunch yesterday with my red hat friends. AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL!
food was ICE COLD
cost $1 more because there were crabs on the menu (which I never saw any of)
eggroll was hard and tasted like cardboard
only thing edible were the steamed shrimp (hard to ruin!)
I will never go back there.
Bon Buffet isn't that great but they win hands down.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I went to a Chinese place in Leonardtown yesterday for lunch and had the BEST Hunan beef I've ever had in my life. No buffet, but the food was excellent. It was called Happy Dragon or something like that - in Leonardtown Center, a few doors down from the Subway.

:yum:

Suz

geminigrl said:
Where is China King Buffet?
Wildwood shopping ctr

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 649063" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>vraiblonde</TD><TD class=alt2>I went to a Chinese place in Leonardtown yesterday for lunch and had the BEST Hunan beef I've ever had in my life. No buffet, but the food was excellent. It was called Happy Dragon or something like that - in Leonardtown Center, a few doors down from the Subway.

:yum:</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

We'll have to try that one! We just have not been able to find a truly good chinese restaurant since we left Memphis.

Suz

Suz' said:
Wildwood shopping ctr

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 649063" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>vraiblonde</TD><TD class=alt2>I went to a Chinese place in Leonardtown yesterday for lunch and had the BEST Hunan beef I've ever had in my life. No buffet, but the food was excellent. It was called Happy Dragon or something like that - in Leonardtown Center, a few doors down from the Subway.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

We'll have to try that one! We just have not been able to find a truly good chinese restaurant since we left Memphis.
I take that back. We used to go to China Harbor in Solomon's. Yvonne treated us wonderful and the food was excellant. We always went there for our anniversary for years. Haven't been to her place in the shopping center since she moved there. Other friends have and say it's not as good. Guess we should give it a try. I miss her anyway! (Yvonne)

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Suz' said:
Bon Buffet isn't that great but they win hands down.

It was nice when it first opened but I wouldn't eat there if the food was free. :dead:

Been to both China Harbor locations; the food was good at both places. I preferred the island location better than where they are now.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
The Happy Dragon in Leonardtown isn't a buffet, it's sit down or carry out, and I have always had a good meal from there. It's worth a visit.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Ken King said:
The Happy Dragon in Leonardtown isn't a buffet, it's sit down or carry out, and I have always had a good meal from there. It's worth a visit.
Great Szechuan. :yay:

K

Kain99

vraiblonde said:
I went to a Chinese place in Leonardtown yesterday for lunch and had the BEST Hunan beef I've ever had in my life. No buffet, but the food was excellent. It was called Happy Dragon or something like that - in Leonardtown Center, a few doors down from the Subway.

That is the BEST Chinese on the Planet!

Suz

Ken King said:
While good I wouldn't say the best on the planet. You need to get out more.
ok-two to try..... wanna go for a 3rd? I am ready for some new places!!

So Ken, where else in southern MD would you recommend? (which ones wouldn't you if you don't mind......and why?) TIA

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Suz' said:
ok-two to try..... wanna go for a 3rd? I am ready for some new places!!

So Ken, where else in southern MD would you recommend? (which ones wouldn't you if you don't mind......and why?) TIA
Happy Dragon is good, in St. Mary's there probably isn't much better. I have been to a hell of a lot better around the planet however and that is what I was speaking to in regard to Kain's post.

TWLs wife

vraiblonde said:

That place rules. :yay:

Triggerfish

Chasey_Lane said:
All buffets suck which is why I avoid them.

Some of the buffets that I've been to were great. There is a U.S. military resort hotel in Central Tokyo which serves a great Sunday Brunch buffet. American, Japanese and European foods. BTW has anyone been to the Phillip's Seafood buffet at Baltimore's Inner Harbor? I was wondering how that is.

Triggerfish

mainman said:
Wouldn't it just be called food in Hong Kong?

Yeah...then again there is no real thing as "Chinese" food. Cantonese is the most famous outside China and what you eat in U.S. restaurants are usually Cantonese. HK is supposed to have the best Cantonese food in China.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I love Chinese buffet. It's my absolute favorite because it satisfies my wanting to have a bite of everything and not commit to an entree. I like this one we've got up here called City Buffet but the best one I've ever been to is in Lincoln, NE. I also hate that one because there are so many choices that even just a bite of everything would kill you, plus the food is so good you want to have more than a bite. :ohwell: