best chinese food ?

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
hey everyone, i sure could use your input here, where can we find the best chinese food in the area ( Lex Park ) ? We havent gone out for chinese since moving here the end of July and we are all "jonesing " ... what about the buffets we saw in the yellow pages ... Bon Buffet or Aloha ?? anybody care to review them for me ? :biggrin:

ohstate

China Harbour - Solomons! In the mall w/ Woodburns & Port of Call Liquors. The best in the area by FAR.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Well I'll 3rd it but I thought it was regarding the LexPk. area.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Rane
hey everyone, i sure could use your input here, where can we find the best chinese food in the area ...
Theres this little out of the way place right next to the tri-county animal shelter.... :biggrin: j/k

Actually if your willing to drive 15 minutes or so Leonardtown has a really good place called Happy Dragon. The Szechuan is really good. And they have mustard that will make your hair stand on end. :lol:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
I guess the best chinese food would depend on whether you want German Shepherd of Golden Retriever. :lmao:
:eek: :bawl:

SxyPrincess

Dogs__German_shepherd_prv.gif

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Meow?

Originally posted by SxyPrincess
I guess the best chinese food would depend on whether you want German Shepherd of Golden Retriever. :lmao:

I thought it was either Persian or Himalayan? :lmao:

(just kidding!)

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Re: Meow?

Originally posted by jazz lady

I thought it was either Persian or Himalayan? :lmao:

(just kidding!)
Around here it would more likely be Alley or Feral!

seasquirt

Vermicious Knid
I personally prefer the food from Taipei (San Souci Plaza), but their fish tanks depress me. (That's a whole 'nother thread, though!)

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by Rane
hey everyone, i sure could use your input here, where can we find the best chinese food in the area ( Lex Park ) ? We havent gone out for chinese since moving here the end of July and we are all "jonesing " ... what about the buffets we saw in the yellow pages ... Bon Buffet or Aloha ?? anybody care to review them for me ? :biggrin:

My answer will indicate that I am no help to your question, as I believe the question to be a classic example of an oxymoron.

I'm no help on the trough feeding - er - buffets, either...

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
I thought the Happy Dragon was the one fined by the health department. Seriously, they had cat skeletons (meat removed) in their dumpster or so I heard.

I like the Crystal Palace in Prince Frederick. And I normally go to the Chinese take-out place in the Food Lion shopping center in Lusby for take-out (although one time when picking up food, I saw one of the workers drop a *chicken* nugget piece on the floor. She looked at me to see if I noticed her drop it or not. She saw me watching. Instead of just picking it up and throwing in the trash, I saw it her gingerly kick it out of the way (so I'm sure she threw it back in the pan with the rest once I left). Hey, well at least I didn't eat that one! I know someone who only eats shrimp dishes at chinese resaurants - since he's afraid of the other meats they serve.

for some chinese food humor - make sure your speakers are turned on:

http://www.starterupsteve.com/swf/chowmein.html

Last edited:

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
Out of the one's that I've tried in the area... I would give my vote to Taipei...located in San Souci ....but only at lunch time (when there is a buffet).

I went for dinner at one time...it was dead...and the food was not that great...but then again, that was before all the other restaurants showed up in San Souci...now there is more night life for the San Souci restaurants...atleast there is for Monterey's.

Aloha (in Wildewood shoping center)...I don't like at all. The food is just bland...not very tasty.
I've also heard of people getting their food garnished with a roach or two....:barf:

blueeyes76

I've never been to Aloha and I never will. My brother used to work at Showtime Deli in Wildewood. He said the people who worked at Aloha used to dig through the trash and take the old dirty lettuce and stuff that Showtime had thrown out. Ewww. No thank you.