Rib Eyes

D

dems4me

I'm not sure if there's a cooking section on here, but without a broiler working or a grill... how would I cook a rib eye steak -- what temperature and for how long in an ovan :shrug: Mine always comes out chewy like gum and dried out.... :frown: What settings do y'all cook it at :shrug: TIA!!! :flowers:

Danzig

2 rib eye steaks
1 pkg. dry onion or vegetable soup mix
1 cup water

Place rib eye steaks in covered pan or cooking bag. Add water to soup and pour over steaks. Cook in 275 deg. oven for 1 hr.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Anyone who would cook a ribeye in an oven should be deported to some third-world country where they still practice cannibalism.

D

dems4me

kwillia said:
HERE YA GO...Bye...:howdy: We will miss you. :howdy:

Am I going to get banned :shrug: Thanks for the link...

Vria -- I agree with ya' if I always cooked them this way I wouldn't be asking how... :shrug: is their another way other than grill or broil :shrug: Thanks :smile:

dems... doesn't your buddy Tigger have a killer recipe for cooking meat in the oven... something involving the self-cleaning feature...:confused:

D

dems4me

kwillia said:
dems... doesn't your buddy Tigger have a killer recipe for cooking meat in the oven... something involving the self-cleaning feature...:confused:

:jet: that was lamb she was making for me and trying to keep oven clean at the same time ... :razz: not ribeye... :lol:

citysherry

I Need a Beer
vraiblonde said:
Anyone who would cook a ribeye in an oven should be deported to some third-world country where they still practice cannibalism.

:yeahthat:

I'd definitely pan fry it before I'd ever cook a steak in an oven.

D

dems4me

citysherry said:
:yeahthat:

I'd definitely pan fry it before I'd ever cook a steak in an oven.

roughly over what heat setting, low, medium, high and for how long please... :thanks: :huggy:

citysherry

I Need a Beer
dems4me said:
roughly over what heat setting, low, medium, high and for how long please... :thanks: :huggy:

Depends on how you like your steak! Personally, I like my medium/rare. I would sear it on high for about 3 to five minutes on each side.

D

dems4me

Kain99 said:
You can't be serious...

It's not that often I cook steak... it's usually ground beef for me :shrug: :frown: It was an honest question. :mad:

D

dems4me

citysherry said:
Depends on how you like your steak! Personally, I like my medium/rare. I would sear it on high for about 3 to five minutes on each side.

Thanks I may try it this way too!!!! :huggy:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'd make a dry rub with cracked pepper, cayenne, coarse salt and dry mustard, then blacken that bad boy over a high heat in a pan with a touch of olive oil, about 4 minutes per side depending on thickness. Yum.

Agee

Dems here's a little trick to test the doneness of a steak.

Hold out your hand relaxed. Press down on your skin between your thumb and index finger. Skin gives-rare

Make a half-fist. Press skin in same location. Skin gives a little less-medium.

Make a full fist. Press skin in same location. Skin is taught-well done.

Relate each condition to the feel of the steak or other meat for that matter.

The meat firms as it cooks. Squishy-rare. Tight-well done.

K

Kain99

I didn't mean to hurt your feelings Dems..

For top of stove broiling: Preheat a heavy skillet until very hot. Sprinkle a thin layer of salt and pepper over the bottom of the pan; sear steak quickly to seal in juices, then cook to desired doneness.