Home Depot in California

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Saw something in the Wash Post yesterday (the SOMD section) saying a Home Depot was moving to California. Does anybody know anything more about this?

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I know that Home Depot was talking to property owners in the California area last year, but I dont know what property they bought.

Home Depot and Lowes are bitter competitors. Think Redskins-Cowboys or Yankees-Orioles. They usually move into the same area at about the same time, practically in shouting distance of one another. It will be good to see some competition with Lowes.

Last edited:

MDindef

I heard they were going to be moving into the large vacant lot right next to Tommy McKay's campaign headquarters, and right across 235 from Target.

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Look for them to be on 235 just north of the power sub-station by the entrance of Wildewood. That property is owned by the people who own the Wildewood housing. The way it was explained to me, there will be another road that connects 235 to St Andrews Church Rd and ties in with the entrance of First Colony.
This new store is sure to make the Wildewood condo owners happy

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yee HA! That means you fine folks will be able to buy my husband's premium annuals (available ONLY at Home Depot) for your spring and fall planting! Now every time you see those purple carts out there, you can think of my little honey working his fingers to the bone so you can have a nice garden.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Now every time you see those purple carts out there, you can think of my little honey working his fingers to the bone so you can have a nice garden.

Somehow, "little" isn't a word that comes to mind if I think about Larry.

alex

I was told they purchased the trailer park behind the Subway which would place them directly across from the First Colony entrance on Route 4. If so, What a nightmare that intersection will become.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by alex
I was told they purchased the trailer park behind the Subway which would place them directly across from the First Colony entrance on Route 4. If so, What a nightmare that intersection will become.

I agree with you about the intersection, but someone told me the trailer park had been rejected.