Dreams....

watercolor

yeah yeah
Kinda cool sometimes to have a dream that really trip's you out for some reason or another. I had one of those last night- and so, I went searching for some answers and found this site...and thought some others might like to take a look at it and see if they can be decifered. :wink: You never know, it might actually help you figure out, "hey yea, that was it, I just could not find the word to explain it"

Since your unconcious mind is the one that holds all the fears and secrets...see what some of those possibly mean. :smile:

http://aol.astrology.com/pred/dd/directory.html

My dream was that I was holding a baby in a garden with numerous flowers around. I could not tell if the baby was a boy of girl...but eh...doesnt matter. Then all of a sudden I was alone....

Mine says....As an object in dreams, a baby or child represents something that requires great care and attention. The meaning is at issue regarding whether it is your original responsibility or one that has been passed off on you by someone else. These dreams may also have wish-fulfillment content for women who are in their childbearing years
Dreams about gardens may be metaphors for your perception of your life. Well-ordered or over-run, productive or dying on the vine, such dream images reflect how we feel about ourselves.
Often a garden makes up the setting for a dream in which other factors take precedence; however, the fact that your dream takes place in a garden is also significant in a minor sense.
People who view themselves as completely abandoned within a dream often find themselves lacking connection in many day-to-day relationships or experiences.

Pretty cool eh?

watercolor

yeah yeah
yea but sometimes you get to see some stuff...throught it. I did not think so either until I took my psych class. It was kind of cool. Not everyone believes the freud theory. And I am still not really liking the man....but in regards to his 'Iceburg' theory....I do believe that to be true.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Well actually from what I have heard and also been told by my own psychologist....that night terror's are real and not dreams. They are results of what happened in someones past with horrific events. Such as, with me, I get them- because of me being molested when I was a child. It still effects me to this day. :frown:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by watercolor23
They are results of what happened in someones past with horrific events...that night terror's are real and not dreams.
I agree, but they are dreams of the past.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Well I do know that....I have had those too. I dont know what the heck is going on with that. I dont believe in past lives or anything. But maybe something. I dunno. I can research some stuff if you want me too :biggrin:

webkook

Yeah that's cool! :) I've been using dream interpretation myself for several years now, and it's amazing the kinds of insights you can get into what makes yourself tick and how you view life. Were you able to take that interpretation and apply it to your life or situation somehow?

I remember reading a long time ago that night terrors have a physiological cause, not necessarily emotional. At least that is true for young children. May apply to adults on some level, though.

If you want to read some really cool stuff on dream interpretation, check out Dr. Ann Faraday's books. She has an interesting spin on dream interpretation and it's been very helpful for me (I dream and recall several dreams every night).

Enjoy!
Lynn

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by watercolor23
Well I do know that....I have had those too. I dont know what the heck is going on with that. I dont believe in past lives or anything. But maybe something. I dunno. I can research some stuff if you want me too :biggrin:
Past lives? :lol: Too funny.

Anyway I don't buy into all the "interpret your dreams" stuff. It went around in the 70's. However, I do acknowledge night terrors and the cause behind them, mainly PTSD.

watercolor

yeah yeah
I have heard of Her. I use to keep a dream journal..have not used it in a while. But I think I will start up again and then research them when of course I am awake.

Well I am sure that it does have a physiological effect. But that with emotional has the effect together. I know that because of the unconcious level holding things and all until your body and mind are able to take care of it. And are able to handle it. I do believe that. Because my night terrors and 'attacks' that I have....only trigger sparatic'ly...which is something that is pretty scarey. But good thing is...that it only happenes around people I am really close too.

webkook

I didn't believe in past lives either - was pretty much opposed to the whole idea until about 10 years ago when I dreamed about a life I never lived and the span of that life was 1910-1958. I was born in 1962. I got a street name, a town, and a sort of synopsis of events in this dream. I found the town, and the street, which is now a commercial district. Weird stuff! Since then I've had similar dreams of lives that fit into other spans of time, completely unrelated to this one. I just accept it even though I don't necessarily know what triggers these "memories". They dreams are that realistic, like I was actually there. Who knows?

Lynn

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by Sharon
Past lives? :lol: Too funny.

Anyway I don't buy into all the "interpret your dreams" stuff. It went around in the 70's. However, I do acknowledge night terrors and the cause behind them, mainly PTSD.

no no. I totally understand and I dont believe it all either. But sometimes, with certain things, it says something, not like tarrot or psychic crap. But more in the sense...saying, 'oh yea, that is the word I was looking for'. Its not like I consult it with my everyday life and happenings, and to determin my future. :lol: Im not that ditzy. LOL!

But I do know that I have PTSD. Unfortunatly....:frown:

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by webkook
I didn't believe in past lives either - was pretty much opposed to the whole idea until about 10 years ago when I dreamed about a life I never lived and the span of that life was 1910-1958. I was born in 1962. I got a street name, a town, and a sort of synopsis of events in this dream. I found the town, and the street, which is now a commercial district. Weird stuff! Since then I've had similar dreams of lives that fit into other spans of time, completely unrelated to this one. I just accept it even though I don't necessarily know what triggers these "memories". They dreams are that realistic, like I was actually there. Who knows?

Lynn

Well I dont really believe in that. But ya know.

J

justhangn

I have had a reoccurring dream of walking through a vast wasteland, everything is a light gray color...........as I am moving along this road, I come to a horse lying on the ground burning........a little while later, I come to a white two story house that's burning with a little blonde haired girl swinging on a porch swing.

I had this dream the first time when I was around 10 or so, it totally freaked me out, but I got over that as it reoccurred.

webkook

Originally posted by justhangn
I have had a reoccurring dream of walking through a vast wasteland, everything is a light gray color...........as I am moving along this road, I come to a horse lying on the ground burning........a little while later, I come to a white two story house that's burning with a little blonde haired girl swinging on a porch swing.

I had this dream the first time when I was around 10 or so, it totally freaked me out, but I got over that as it reoccurred.

I think the answer is more in figuring out what was going on at the time you dreamed these things, but here are some pointers or possibilities:

- Everything being gray could mean that life is seen as being lackluster or "colorless"

- Ditto for wasteland ... boring, nothing new on the horizon

- Horse can mean freedom, adventure, transportation in this context ... the fact that it's burning points to it being destroyed by someone or something

- Houses in dreams are sometimes representations of your life, your inner psyche, that sort of thing

Not sure about the blond haired little girl, that could mean things like childhood, innocence, etc.

Maybe some of this info will help?

Lynn